Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was rewarded this week for having spent big $ on a quality IWB holster. The family and I went to the fair in town and enjoyed an evening of good food, rides and entertainment. I was able to participate with the children on several rides and an obstacle course without revealing my full-sized carry gun -a CZ75 SP-01 Tactical.

The kicker was this: toward the end of the evening we were watching a performance by two travelling street jugglers from Los Angeles. They were very sarcastic and pushy and constantly grabbed from the audience anyone they wished, pressing them into service for the sake of the show. I knew it was only a matter of time before I would be drafted and, not wanting to have my CCW possibly compromised, I chose to walk away. -Too late. As I was walking, one of the performers came and physiclly grabbed me and drew me back with her to center-stage. Me and one other fellow were pressed into lifting said-performer onto a 7ft tall unicycle (I coudn't make this stuff up!). This effort was fraught with the difficulty poor planning produces. While my cover garment was long enough for my standard range of motion, the possiblity for showing was looming in my mind. Nevertheless, 10 minutes of public spotlight and relatively intense physical activity did not reveal my status as a CCW.

-Whew!

A heartfelt "Thank You" to The Beltman and Eric Larsen of HBE Specialty Leatherworks for saving my day.

·
Administrator
143,599 Posts
You should have taken out your knife and stabbed him in the juggler vein.:hand5: <~~~Sorry, I couldn't resist. :biggrin2:

Well, looking on the bright side - your concealed carry set-up passed a pretty decently extreme test.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Man, that is one seriously sturdy carry rig!
Regards,

·
Registered
558 Posts
Wow, good to hear you were able to leave without further incident. I heard the a few of the mimes escaped their invisible box and were holding up people at knife point ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
As somebody that is familiar with street gangs, I was expecting to read about you being accostecd by "Juggalos," i.e., Insane Clown Posse members. Glad it was just a pushy street performer!

CP Lincoln

·
Registered
366 Posts
I hate when people put their hands on me when I am not a willing participant...I might have body slammed them!:tired:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I now know why so many jugglers get shot....:rofl:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Love the clown funeral ExactlyMyPoint. Do the flowers on top of the casket squirt water? I would have been tempted to say the following to the pushy street performer: Ma'am, you don't have the right to prevent a person from leaving your performance and unless you want me to call the police, please take your hands off me now.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Ma'am, you don't have the right to prevent a person from leaving your performance and unless you want me to call the police, please take your hands off me now.
Threatening to call the police would have been a rather extreme response to a noncriminal act. Do you threaten to call the police when a used car salesman come on too strong? Remember, the OP's got a crowd of people watching and listening. I think a couple of firm "No's" would probably have sufficed. If it had been me, I would have grabbed three balls and started juggling.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Threatening to call the police would have been a rather extreme response to a noncriminal act. Do you threaten to call the police when a used car salesman come on too strong? Remember, the OP's got a crowd of people watching and listening. I think a couple of firm "No's" would probably have sufficed. If it had been me, I would have grabbed three balls and started juggling.
In Washington, the Juggler's actions were Assault 4.

Somebody grabs me like that, and I feel justified to respond with appropriate force. A bit of OC would probably get the message across, but I'll bet the clowns wouldn't be :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

CP Lincoln

1 - 20 of 28 Posts