Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks - well, with all the new members of course many will not know Bob (one of our moderators) but for the older members let me give some not so good news.

Bob is in ICU right now, in hospital in Vegas (address below). He had had a very unremitting cough for months it seems and suddenly he got real ill - so he was rushed in. Seems the crisis was due to 1300 ml of fluid that had collected around his heart over 48 hours, in the pericardial cavity - this was satisfactorily aspirated which was more than useful!.

It turns out tho things are not too good, a diagnosis having been made of Stage 4 adenocarcinoma of his left lung. I am not sure as yet what treatments they will be considering. He asked me to let everyone know, as he has always held this board very close to his heart - and has many friends here.

He and I have spoken often - and I bought a revo from him last year. He is a great guy and tho we have not met, regard him as a valued friend.

Anyone who feels motivated to send him a card please do so - any contact with the outside world will be good right now. I will update on things as and when more news.

He is currently in the ICU at:

<Bumper edited to add: Bob has now been released from the hospital. Please hold your cards and letters for now.>

Robert Ford
Mountain View Hospital
3100 N. Tenaya Way
ICU#3 Room 227
Las Vegas, NV 89128

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
thanks for the info chris , all my best wishes are with him

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
Thanks for passing on the information. That isn't good news, I lost my Father to the same thing years ago.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Ditto on the thanks Chris. Please keep us posted. Sounds exactly what a co-worker of mine went thru two years ago....he's still at work after a lung removal and therapy. Might be a bit of a rocky road ahead. All my best to Bob.

·
Registered
577 Posts
man that sucks. Hope he's ok soon and makes a full recovery. His posts are always great and i have great respect for him in the short time i've been here.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
For reasons I won't go into at this time, this is hitting me hard as well. I wish Bob, the best and know all of our members and moderators feel the same way.

I will add that though I have never met Bob in person, from what I do know of him, I have the impression he is a fighter and am betting that he will beat this.

I will keep him in my prayers. I consider him a good friend and expect many of you do as well.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Hope he recovers fully.

·
Administrator
143,574 Posts
A Request To All Forum Members

Special Moderator Request:

Please take a few minutes out of your respective daily lives to send acparmed a card.

Even if you don't know him ~ copy down that doggone Intensive Care Unit address & send him a card & wish him well.

Guaranteed if you were in there...he would do the same for you.

He is retired Air Force so PLEASE let's Bomb Him with cards. :yup:

Trust me on the fact that you WOULD WANT to know him & he is the guy that you would want on your team "Watching Your Six" if the chips ever went down.

He is a great American (with MANY worthwhile life achievements) & and he has been an integral & most valuable part of CombatCarry.com forum since its inception.

Make it a point to send him a card.

He WILL genuinely appreciate knowing that many people have him & his recovery in their hearts and thoughts.

Thanks Folks! ~ Your positive action Greatly Appreciated.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Big ditto to QK's message. :yup:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Will be praying for him. Yep, cards would be a great idea.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Thanks for passing on the tragic news. I'm sure that you'll keep us informed on Bob's (hopefully) positive progress. Meanwhile, prayers, thoughts, and cards will go out.

I've only been here for a few months, but I've appreciated the thoughts in his posts.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Thanks for the information, Chris. Bob will be in our prayers. Please keep us posted about any changes.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I'll be sending a card.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
So sorry to hear about Bob's medical problems. My thoughts and prayers are with him for a speedy and complete recovery!

Card will be sent tomorrow!

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Prayers up for a good guy...I will send a card tomorrow :frown:

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.