Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Unintentional Discharge (UD) - Any time your firearm fires when you did not intend to do so.
Accidental Discharge (AD) - An unintentional discharge caused by a mechanical failure of some sort.
Negligent Discharge (ND) - An unintentional discharge caused by some sort of human error, such as a finger on the trigger at the wrong time.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Unintentional Discharge (UD) - Any time your firearm fires when you did not intend to do so.
Accidental Discharge (AD) - An unintentional discharge caused by a mechanical failure of some sort.
Negligent Discharge (ND) - An unintentional discharge caused by some sort of human error, such as a finger on the trigger at the wrong time.
That just about sums it up...

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
There's only one definition in the book I have in front of me now. ND...negligent discharge. Accidental and unintentional are in the book also, but they are stand alone words and can be referenced in any dictionary. You are responsible for your firearm.....where it goes...and what it does. Any break down in that chain, and it does something you did not intend while being fully responsible is only negligence in the simplest of terms.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
If you did not intend for the gun to fire, it's negligence.

If it's a mechanical failure, it's a mechanical failure. It's never an accident.

If it is YOUR fault the gun went off, it's negligence.

If it ISN'T your fault, it's mechanical failure.

There is no accident or unintended. It's either broke or you're a negligent moron that shouldn't be around firearms, heavy machinery, or motor vehicles.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That explains a lot, thanks.
(My intuition is confirmed. You either have a defective equipment{rare} or.....you are an idiot{all too common}.)

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
That explains a lot, thanks.
(My intuition is confirmed. You either have a defective equipment{rare} or.....you are an idiot{all too common}.)
That pretty much sums it up. Come to a match with defective equipment and you'll be disqualified!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts