Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AARP Letter - Second Amendment Sisters Inc.

Ok, so I'm behind the curve on this one, as I've avoided the AARP for some time.

Still, now I have a more important reason to avoid AARP -- not only did they sell out seniors (as a major seller of insurance looking out for their organizational financial gain at the expense of the members), now they are actively anti-RKBA.

·
Super Moderator
16,841 Posts
AARP has long been a supporter of anti self-defense and criminal protection measures.

I always take their junk mail stuff it into their postage paid envelope and send it back, just to let them pay postage both ways.

·
Registered
821 Posts
They have been anti gun since before 1994. The people who go around to different places for the meetings might claim otherwise, but the national office has yet to find an anti gun bill they would not support.

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
No 'revelation' here, the AARP has been anti-gun for a long time...:yup::hand1:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
What I do.......

AARP has long been a supporter of anti self-defense and criminal protection measures.

I always take their junk mail stuff it into their postage paid envelope and send it back, just to let them pay postage both ways.
I write them a letter, telling them in no uncertain terms, why I'm NOT joining their organization. I then send it to them in their postage paid envelope.:haha:

·
Registered
611 Posts
AARP has long support criminal action over Senior right to self protection. I'm almost there and my wife doesn't understand why I wont join. I get their garbage in the mail all the time. Imagine an organization that wont respect Seniors protecting themselves, a segment of the population that is the most vulnerable to victimization. They talk out of both sides of their face.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I watched an interview on FOX just a few days ago and it was very clear they are supporters of Obamacare. This combined with your posted links, is yet another damn good reason I'll never be part of that organization. :hand1:
Regards,

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
I have asked AARP to cancel my membership and return my membership fees (pro-rated) due to 2 things, their support of the Obama healthcare take over and the $500 billion decrease in medicare funds, and their 2A stance. I let them know I don't think they are standing up for citizens rights or interests.

I got a reply which said, "we are PREPARING a response to your concerns and will contact you in a few days".

Then... nothing.. no word. I have reminded them to "refund" my dues and cancel my membership as "quickly as possible".
They went on FOX news to try to convince everyone that somehow, their stance was being misunderstood. The guy was "dancing" all over the place to not 'admit' to anything and not answer questions.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
AARP??

Anti-gun for years and Anti-Personal Protection. I throw their garbage in the trash can. Not joining and not replying.

·
Registered
797 Posts

Heh! My older brother does that, and now I do too!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Heck, the AARP isn't even making friends on the left. They've sold seniors out in every possible way. No friends on the right, no friends on the left. Lots of friends with the drug companies.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Was an AARP member for one year about 20 years ago. Found out that they were anti-gun to the max and quit. I still get solicitations to join AARP. I always put two or three huge thick steel washers in the postage paid envelope and send it back.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
my grandpa hated the AARP, for many reasons, not just their stance on the RKBA; he used to have a way of delaing with them, too.

He used to take their postage paid return envelopes, and he would fill them with pre-cut sheets of lead he got from some hardware store. They were sized to fit the business return envelopes perfectly. He would carefully fold up the form around the lead sheet, then stick it in the mailbox..........

Imagine what the postal would be on that delivery??

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
This is why I am NOT a member of AARP.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts