Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i have the similar 642. very good for pocket carry, if you want to carry that way. easier to pocket draw than a semi-auto (IMO). i don't shoot mine very well, but many folks can. i think you'll like it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Shot it yet? I had one; I'm OK with recoil, but I thought this was the most painful gun I've ever shot. Without gloves, I really could not shoot more than 24 rounds with this little beast. Got rid of it because I knew I would never practice enough to get good with it, and I really did not care to have it as a collector's piece only...

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
Be careful because they are habit forming. I have been buying them for over 40 years. My first carry gun was a Colt Detective Special and I still own two snub noses for ccw. Only difference is that I have jumped the S&W ship to get on the Ruger LCR bandwagon. Just like their triggers better and they are lightweight without making you pay dearly for it. However I will pick up another S&W when I see one.

The problem with revolvers is that you quickly grow to enjoy not having to buy magazines for them or special ammo. No more worry if today will be the day that it jams and then go crazy trying to figure out if it was the mag, your grip, the ammo, the springs, the ejector, the feed ramp, pressure against the slide, not enough lube, too much lube, the wrong kind of lube, pressing the slide release while gripping the gun, etc.. You just take it to the range with a box of any old ammo you can get and it will shoot for you with no problems. When I look back over the last 4 decades and remember every semi auto gun that was reliable (even Glocks and Sigs), up to the day it was not, I cannot help but think what if that was the day I really needed it for defense. Do not get me wrong as I also carry semi autos but the difference is that when I carry a semi auto I hope that it goes bang when I need it to and with a revolver I do not even think about that at all. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks great! I looked at the 442 but ended up with the BG 38. I heard a lot of complaints about recoil prior to buying mine, but I think these small revolvers are a great buy and the recoil really isn't that bad. Now my only concern is that I'm getting hooked on these wheel guns and I might notice my bank account taking a hit.
IMG_0943.jpg IMG_0944.jpg

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Excelent choice! I also have a S&W 442 in my CCW rotation and I love to carry it in my pocket or IWB when wearing shorts in the beach or when I head for a quick errand or to walk my dog. There is something special about a J Frame, so watch out because they tend to multiply rather quickly. My next purchase is a Ruger SP101 2.25" in .357 Magnum.

Here's my snubby!!!

14.jpg

Reactions: marcclarke

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Wheel guns are real guns. I owned a 36,60 and 640 as off-duty guns. Liked them all. Now I have an SP101, not exactly a lightweight but reliable as a framing hammer. Good Luck with your Smith !

Reactions: Snub44

·
Registered
215 Posts
Congratulations!
I have a 642 in my rotation, easy and quick to put in my pocket. When I'm riding my motorcycle it's always in my vest pocket.
Like others have mentioned revolvers grow on you.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Great snub, been carring one for years. Not sure why they say no fun to shoot i have in my rotation for quick trips to store great pocket carry, my wife shoots hers all the time shes 67 years old. I did get hers a action job polished the trigger face an ported it but shoots like a dream. My SP101 is daily carry image.jpg

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the wheel gun family.I bough a snub 357 a few weeks ago, now I find myself longing for a Colt Python! It is a sickness so they say, and so far I find that to be true.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Still want a non judge snubbie in 45 colt. Don't understand why they make 357 & 44 but not a 45 colt. The pressure is way lower than either round. :(

·
Registered
578 Posts
Nice! Love my 638 for pocket carry.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts