Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought i posted this already, but i can't seem to find it, even in my subscribed threads. so if i double posted, sorry. ANYWAYS...

its a Springfield XD9 4" full length grip. his name is Jerry Springer. and here he is with his bigger, much older brother, Rudy Rudiger (Ruger P85). it was a present from my wife for my birthday which i was deployed during. so here are the pics.

it ultimately came down between that and the Ruger SR9. which i really really loved. but i couldn't deal with the grip. it just felt to thin for my extremely long hands. and since i already had a ruger, i couldn't think of a good name for it. the SR9 they had was used, and the XD was brand-spankin' new. and the price difference was only 30 bucks more for the XD so i just had to go with it. now i just gotta work on getting my CC permit.

haven't shot it yet, but hopefully, if my wife feels better in the morning we're gonna go to the range. i've already shot my wife's XD9 sub compact. which i really like. and this being more fitting to my hand and a little heavier and a longer barrel, i can already tell i'm really gonna like it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice! Hope you enjoy it.I love my XD!

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
God bless you for opening your home to this poor unloved child! :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Oh oh, you may be starting some sibling rivalry...nice pair!:wave:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Nice pistols! :hand10: Congrats.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I have an XD9 that has been a great gun,even tho I don't carry it the 16 round mags carry a lot of firepower and I would not hesitate to carry it

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh oh, you may be starting some sibling rivalry...nice pair!:wave:
HA! yeah, i was thinking the same thing, lol. but they both have their purpose. the xd will be my carry gun when i get my permit. and the ruger will be my primary home defense gun. and they will both be used at the range equally. so far they seem to be getting along.. neither of them have tried to hurt/kill the other.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new XD... :congrats: I have the XD45 and love it...I really like the two-tone look, that's what I got my 45 in...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very nice indeed! Give your wife a hug and take good care of your kids....

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Very nice!! Congrats!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on the new XD... :congrats: I have the XD45 and love it...I really like the two-tone look, that's what I got my 45 in...
F'n right. two-tone is the greatest. i almost got the green and black but they didn't have it in 9mm

Very nice indeed! Give your wife a hug and take good care of your kids....
i gave her a big hug

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Nice pair! Given the choice, I think I'd grab the Ruger. I saw several new P85/89s at yesterday's gun show, and remembered my former P89DC. Still say one of the best pistols you could buy new for under $400.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
iits a Springfield XD9 4" full length grip. his name is Jerry Springer. and here he is with his bigger, much older brother, Rudy Rudiger (Ruger P85). it was a present from my wife for my birthday which i was deployed during. so here are the pics.
Congrats.. good choice.

By the way ... Rudy's name is "Ruettiger". Rudy international

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice pair! Given the choice, I think I'd grab the Ruger. I saw several new P85/89s at yesterday's gun show, and remembered my former P89DC. Still say one of the best pistols you could buy new for under $400.
no doubt. definitely sticking with the tried and true ruger right now. the XD is chilling unloaded in its case. i haven't broke it in yet so it won't be carried/used in SD until its fully broke in. i've already checked it out to see if it chambers the hornady JPH bullets and it seems to be sticking so i will definitely not be using those. but the ruger loves 'em. the XD chambers my blazer practice rounds just fine. my wife says the corbon JHP seem to work fine in her XD sub compact. but we'll see when we go to the range next weekend hopfully.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts