Defensive Carry banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
They aren't here yet, but my gun is on me. I'm a grown *** man. After thought, I don't know why I even considered not carrying it.
Because even though you are a grown man, the weight of a parent's opinion still affects you (and most people). It's normal.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I apologize, but I have not read the entire thread. I would normally say just carry as normal. Since it is your mother I think different rules apply. Hide it when she arrives and you greet and hug, then retrieve it. If needed, hide it again for the good-byes.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Tough one. Its often necessary to give in on certain things to make someone else in your life happy but for me this is one thing Im not willing to waiver on anymore. Wouldn't throw it in their faces but I wouldn't be willing to give in just to placate them either.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
She wouldn't see it. As I said, I don't print. I'm thinking the shoulder hug. I just don't want to have the discussion with her. I mean, she goes to places to find synthetic replacements for meat for food.
Bless her heart. She sounds like a gentle soul.

Conceal well and don't upset your mother.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Bless her heart. She sounds like a gentle soul.

Conceal well and don't upset your mother.
She really is, but she's oblivious to the current events in that she thinks that more gun laws would be effective, not less. I love her to death, but could not possibly disagree with her more steadfastly on this issue. She was protected all day by a loaded, well concealed M&P and did not know it.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Mother-inlaw is a lot different than your mother. If my mother-inlaw showed up at my house I'd definitely carry my gun. I would also wear a clove of garlic around my neck along with a large cross, a vile of holy water, a wooden stake, and some silver bullets. I'd be afraid that witch/satan's spawn would put some kind of curse or spell on me. Or possibly bite me on the neck and turn me into one of the undead like her. At the very least give me rabies.
Must be related to the one I had. Couldn't describe her better than that.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Have family visiting tomorrow for Labor Day. One of which is my mother, who is VERY anti-gun. How I am the way I am is beyond me, but it is what it is. Anyway, there will be gallivanting tomorrow, amidst the obvious greeting hug. She doesn't know I carry because I only tell those who absolutely need to know, and she doesn't. I do NOT want to go out tomorrow without my carry weapon, but I also do NOT want to get into a discussion about guns with her. Obviously she's my mother and I love her dearly, but IMO there are some things where concessions shouldn't be made, regardless of circumstance. what would you do? My current stance is to carry anyway. I don't print.
Pocket carry. Mom won't grope around down there.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I have an anti mom and anti in laws.
I told all of them years ago that they don't have to like firearms or carry them. But, if they want to see us and their grandchildren they must accept our choices as parents and adults. (So, my first bit of friendly advice is to man up.)

Next, I agree with some others who say to pocket carry or make sure you keep it concealed and don't worry about it. I've been carrying AIWB and in my pocket for years. I get hugged a LOT at church and by friends & family. I have never had anyone recognized when I'm carrying. (Even my CC friends can't tell when I'm carrying because of my AIWB carry rig.)

-

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Its your Mother. She will always forgive you and respect you. Respect her wishes. Do not argue. She understands it is your house. Do not argue, do not agitate her, you do not have to prove yourself to your mother. She will always worry even though she understands you are a man. Do not argue. Carry where she wont look. If she finds it, she will forgive you & love you and understand, then hide it again. Protect her always. If the need ever arises both of you will be glad you disobeyed her... this time.

Glad it went well.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts