Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeking a decent, reliable 9mm or .40 sub compact with an extended magazine to allow for placement of little (pinky) finger for CC. Recommendations? What to avoid?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Xd-9 Sc

+1 for the XD-9 SC with the extended 16 rd mag. I just ordered myself another mag with sleeve yesterday.

I figure I could fight off a whole gang with 32 rds.

:smile:

·
Registered
221 Posts
My primary CCW is a Glock 26 with Pierce mag extensions. Works great for me.

-Paul

·
Registered
51 Posts
I recommend the Springfield XD-9 sub compact. Great gun that shoots true!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
why bother with a sub compact if your going to extend back out the part that is hard to conceal ( grip ) go with a compact such as the p9, glock 19 ect... just my opinion ymmv

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
When I have to carry in my pocket, I carry a Glock 26. Rather than the add on grip extension, I use the 12 round magazine- this already has the extension. I have several of the 12 round mags, and I carry my spare in a Leatherman pouch from my small multitool. I really like the 26. That said, I recentl bought the 4 inch XD 45, and love that gun. So, a 3 inch XD would also be a good choice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
subcompact XD and Glocks are good choices. you might also sample a Taurus and try the three long side each other. one of the three is bound to fit your hand better than the other two.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
for 9mm look at the glock 26 and the kel tec p11
for 40 cal look at the glock 27. kel tec at one time made a 40 cal, same size as the p11. this summer (late summer) kel tec is comming out with a smaller single stack 9mm. might be worth a look.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got no problems with Springfields XD40SC with Pierce Extension. One other thing to revise on this entry. You have got to rent and come to you'r own conclusion. When going to the gun store, I had pretty much made up my mine and was going to get a G26, but I come to find the little XD better suited me(my hand and feel).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Glock 26 with a +0 grip extension will provide the pinky rest without appreciably increasing the size/concealability of the grip.

Taurus MilPRO PT-111

Kel-Tec P-11 with mag extender

etc... tons of choices.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Ill put my .02 cents in for the xdsc. Do try the glocks and other subs to see what fits your hand thats what I did and just prefered the sringfield xdsc.

Sixgun

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Springfield XD 9 and I too am going to get the Pearce extention for it. I like the Glock but for me the grip did not fit me good. The Kahrs are nice guns very light and I noticed the recoil more on it. My Springfield is a very accurate shooting gun.

·
Registered
287 Posts
sgjr said:
Seeking a decent, reliable 9mm or .40 sub compact with an extended magazine to allow for placement of little (pinky) finger for CC. Recommendations? What to avoid?
Have you tried shooting without the extension? I've got an XD40 sub with both "sub" 9 round and a full size 12 round magazine with the sleeve to make it a full size grip. It's a bit more comfortable to shoot with the 12 round, but easier to carry with the 9, and no noticeable difference in speed or accuracy. There's also the Pierce grip extension-On the XD, it's just a pinky ledge, doesn't hold extra ammo.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I love my GLOCK 26. 1300+ rounds through it and no sign of wear and not one single malfunction. That being said my 26 is actually up for sale. This is only because I bought a Kahr PM40 for carry and need $$$ to buy a SIG 226. If I didn't need the money I'd keep the 26.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts