Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just over 10,000 rounds fired through my 3rd generation G19. Use to fire anything I fed it including LAWMAN 124g ammo. Received a new case of LAWMAN 124grain ammo (a few months ago) and have been receiving a fail to fail/fail to eject almost once per magazine. Fires the 115g ammo just fine. Not a magazine issue but with the ammo being "new" to me wondering if I should be suspecting the new case of ammo or the old return spring or maybe something else? Pistol does get cleaned after nearly every trip to the range so it is not likely to be issue with carbon build up.

·
Vendor
1,598 Posts
I would change the spring and check the extractor real good, look for any damage and be sure the extractor spring is good and there is no carbon build up in the extractor.
If the spring is to weak it may be trying to eject to soon when pressure is high and making the extractor slip off the case.
I believe it's around 10000 - 15000 rounds that it's recommended to replace the recoil spring.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the quick reply. did not think about the exactor spring until you brought it up. gives me some things to tinker with.

·
Vendor
1,598 Posts
Sure thing, I had to replace my extractor spring at around 20000 rounds and went ahead and got a wolf extractor then.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Pistoleer
494 Posts
Typically 9mm pistols need their recoil springs replaced about every 5000 rounds. Magazine springs are harder to determine when they need to be replaced but will definitely cause serious operational problems if they get too weak. I have a force gauge that I use for measuring spring strength. Over the years I have seen far too many problems caused by worn out springs in a pistol or its magazines.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’m inclined to think it is the RSA throwing off the timing, but that is just a guess. I would find a friend with a G19, shoot your mags and ammo In their gun. If it works, follow Rabbit’s advice and replace all the springs. If it doesn’t work, try your ammo in their mags. If it works get new mag springs. If not, contact Speer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts