Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For graduation, my parents covered the cost of my Lasik Surgery, which is awesome. I went under the laser on Monday, and my vision gets a little bit better each day.

Despite the fact that I haven't tried to do a whole lot, including drive (although I did drive home on Wednesday)... I hesitated to reload the magazines from my USPc, because I wouldn't have been able to use it anyway.

I woke up today, and my eyes are feeling up to being able to aim, etc. so I loaded the pistol and put it away again. Unfortunately, I can't carry it, but I feel slightly safer knowing I'm almost functional as far as being able to use a firearm again.

Too bad I have to keep it hidden, my parents are such :sheep: .

Oh well, hope everyone has a good night and a great weekend. Wish me luck recovering fully.

--Jim

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Heres to hoping you feel better rather fast My uncle had it done and took a little while to heal up espically with night driving was seeing donuts

·
Super Moderator
25,608 Posts
Congrats, hope it works out well for you. If I were younger I'd be very tempted to have it done.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
I like Rick could be tempted if younger.

Sounds very successful tho Jim and well on the way to great results. Glad to hear it - few more days and it'll be history.

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
If my eyes weren't so bad and like others if I were younger I would be right there getting it done, too. Congrats and keep us informed about your progress.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It works

Went through the same problem after cataract surgery. During the period that only one eye was repaired, I just did not feel competent to carry.

Friend in the company that I work for had Lasik. We went shooting one week after the surgery. Your eyesight and confidence will return, better than it was.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
577 Posts
good luck, bet you can't wait to fire off a few rounds to see if your aim has improved. Hmmmm maybe my eyes need to be checked!:blink: :twak:

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
No more excuse for the bad shot, now! Recover quickly:yup:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Macattack,

In all honestly... i'm more eagerly awaiting my membership into the Sig Club. My pistol is on order, and is actually in stock. Now i need the money... and the permit (grrr... NJ)

LOL

Oh well...I have the text size boosted a little bit on the computer, so I can actually read.

--Jim

·
Super Moderator
25,608 Posts
firefighter4884 said:
Macattack,
In all honestly... i'm more eagerly awaiting my membership into the Sig Club.
When you join the SIG Club don't forget to ask about the secret handshake. :image035:

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Ahhh yes - the handshake :18:

Works best when transfering a C note - guarantees instant approval :wink: :smilez: Eh Rick :18: ?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Well now you'll "see all and know all!" Congrats on a successful surgery and hope you continue to heal well.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I saw my 229 Equinox today for the first time. That is one finely made weapon.

--Jim

·
Super Moderator
25,608 Posts
P95Carry said:
Ahhh yes - the handshake :18:

Works best when transfering a C note - guarantees instant approval :wink: :smilez: Eh Rick :18: ?
Works for me! :hand10:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts