Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
143,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these we mentioned in another past thread but, don't think that anybody posted an actual link to the site with photos.
Anyway here ya go. The frames appear to be of extremely high quality.
Available in Aluminum ~ Stainless Steel & Titanium.

I've always had a goofy attraction to Titanium.
Please don't tell my Mom about my Titanium Fetish. :rofl:

Anyway this (below) redesigned grip configuration seems nearly PERFECT to me.

So...for those of you that hate plastic pistols & those of you that do not like the way the GLOCK firearms feel "In Hand" ~ These frames might be a nice option.
Presented here is one photo.
Visit this site to view additional photos as a PLUS - the site features INTERESTING reading.

CLICK HERE TO UN~TUPPERWARE YOUR GLOCK.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
This could be an answer to the ''not yet decided'' potential Glock buyer!! :smilez:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Wouldn't that frame qualify as a Firearm in and of itself according to the BATF?

I'd be more interested if it had some wood grips. Of course this doesn't resolve the other issues Glocks have... namely unsupported chambers. But with an aftermarket barrel you would really have something.
Of course if you changing the barrels and frames and everything. Then why get the Glock in the first place if that's not what you wanted?
The more I think about this, the less sense it makes.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
i would thing so George espically since it has the Serial # on it

the frame would be neat but then it kind of takes away the point of the glock in the first place dont it

·
Administrator
143,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I'm sure the frame is an FFL deal.
The serial # on the frame would not match the slide.

It would be a good option if you were thinking about having your GLOCK grip
reshaped/reconfigured.
Then you would have an extra polymer Glock frame for maybe for a .22 conversion.

With a little drilling & tapping & some Colt Grip Screw Bushings...looks like you could actually get some THIN custom wood grips on there. :yup:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I held a couple of them during SHOT....they felt pretty good in my hands.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
ask and you will receive

Frame Weight Comparison

OEM G17 / G22 Bare Plastic Frames - 3.66 ounces

CCF RaceFrames, LLC's Aluminum Frame - 7.3 ounces

CCF RaceFrames, LLC's Titanium Frame - 12 ounces

CCF RaceFrames, LLC's Stainless Steel Frame - 21 ounces

·
Administrator
143,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont think it would be a great idea to go out and buy a new GLOCK that didn't feel good "in hand" and then go run out and buy an aftermarket metal frame for it.

I think lots of people already own GLOCKS and would possibly prefer a reconfigured/reshaped grip size ~ Style & angle. Lots of shooters already own one and do not shoot it as well as they originally thought they would.
Rather than spend the $200.00 to get the original polymer frame custom reconfigured...it would probably make more sense to buy an aftermarket frame (for about the same $) & that sure would look much better than a resin filled Dremeled Up original plastic frame.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I agree. If you don't like the way a Glock feels or the fact that it's polymer then just buy another gun. There are plenty of quality pistols on the market these days, if you can't find something that suits you then you ain't tryin'.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Why??? Why would you need to do this?? Why spend the money??? If you buy a Glock why would you make this change, Buy a Sig or an old S&W if you want a metal frame.

frankmako

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Why buy a vehicle and put fancy wheels on it when the originals will do just as well? Why put exotic leather on a holster that no one will see? It is a personal thing. I say "WHY NOT?" If you can afford it and want to.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Gunnutty said:
Why buy a vehicle and put fancy wheels on it when the originals will do just as well? Why put exotic leather on a holster that no one will see? It is a personal thing. I say "WHY NOT?" If you can afford it and want to.
i understand the rim and leather but the frame no that one i don't

your doing away with what the glock is in the first place a light weight gun with almost no corrosion issues with the lower part of the gun

sure you can say it gives you a better angle but this is another one of the mods like the manual Safety on a glock it just wasn't designed that way

·
Registered
402 Posts
i can see a market for this. many like me are sold on glock, but hate the grip angle. i wouldnt buy it, but i see the market for it.

i wont buy it because if you change the frame you no longer have a glock......you have a glock hybrid that may or may not retain its reliability which is why i bought glock to begin with. ill probably end up doing the glock grip angle reduction to give my glocks a 1911 grip angle.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
frankmako said:
Why??? Why would you need to do this??
In short:
1)Cost is the same as a new gun, if you buy a complete top end from Glockmeister, etc..
2)Better trigger. Supposed to be much tighter. (We'll see...CCF dosen't make junk, though)
3)"Social services"- metal will always make more of an impression on flesh than plastic.

Frames are FFL-required. Glockmeister has been offering 3/4 (can't remember all the Glock evolutions, off the top of y head) generation frames for a long time. No FFL required for that, IIRC, as the ID plate was graved with your SN.

Grip angle is totally subjective, and though many make a big deal about it, it's more a "better for the already satisfied customer", rather than attracting a newbie.

Just doing for Glock what's been done for JMB. And just as legitimate.:smile:

If you can do Legos, you can detail strip/reassemble a Glock.

·
Registered
324 Posts
"i can see a market for this. many like me are sold on glock, but hate the grip angle. i wouldnt buy it, but i see the market for it."
Then buy a Spectre!
With this thing... which is the price of a decent used Glock... you are buying your Glock twice to make it somehow better. This is insane stuff. This is crazy. You'd have to be a total nutter to buy one of these.
And then have an armorer install everything into it.
Crazy.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Bud, I see your point concerning what the Glock was meant to be in the first place. Point taken!! As far as the why goes tho, haven't we all done something just for the pleasure of it. I wouldn't do it myself, (have a glock not a big fan)! I just leave room for someone else to.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I can tell you one aspect of why someone would want the CCF frame for a Glock. I have an origional G19 without a light rail. If I send it to Glock they'll put a new frame on the gun, BUT add the finger groves that I do not like. So for less than $300 I can 1) add weight to my G-19, 2) have a strait back strap that I like, 3) add a light rail to it. I'm waiting till they've been on the market for a while and we'll see what happens.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts