Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Michael Bloomberg to push senators on guns in $12 million ad campaign, report says - Elizabeth Titus - POLITICO.com

Michael Bloomberg to push senators on guns in $12 million ad campaign, report says

By ELIZABETH TITUS | 3/23/13 7:11 PM EDT Updated: 3/23/13 7:32 PM EDT

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is set to launch a $12 million ad campaign targeting senators on gun control, according to a New York Times report Saturday.

The ads will run in 12 states during the Easter and Passover recess, including Ohio, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Arizona, Louisiana, Arkansas, Nevada, Georgia and Indiana, and target vulnerable Democrats, swing-state senators and solidly supported Republicans, according to the report.

SNIP
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ :aargh4: ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ :aargh4: ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ :aargh4: ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ :aargh4: ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ :aargh4: ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
That's the name of the game these days. Exhorbitant amounts of cash thrown around to bribe/intimidate elected officials into voting a certain way rather than representing the constituents that put them in office.

Bloomberg does it. NRA does it. Everyone does it.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Well, if that don't just gag a maggot!

It may play well in parts of Atlanta, but I think the rest of the state will say (yawn!) "whatever," and "go back to New York, yankee!"

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
How much money does that fool have? How much is he willing to pay to destroy this nation's Constitution?

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Targeting the senators, instead of showing how gun-control can possibly be lawful or in our best interests as citizens. Attempting to brainwash opponents; and, if that doesn't work, attempting to "brain" them publicly.

Ah, the benefits of a billion-dollar whip-hand.

Unsurprising, as this is a fight for control, not a fight for the benefit of citizens.

Bloomers needs to become poor, monetarily. IMO, he's already poor, morally. That wouldn't be such a bad thing, if he'd only keep his problems to himself, instead of inflicting his liberty-hatred on all people.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Wait until Bloomy is out of office, I expect him to go all out for gun control public advocacy.

If any Hollywood game show producers read this, how about developing a show where a contestant has to listen to Bloomberg and Joe Lieberman read speeches as you get paid $100 for each minute you can stay awake?

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Wait until Bloomy is out of office, I expect him to go all out for gun control public advocacy.

If any Hollywood game show producers read this, how about developing a show where a contestant has to listen to Bloomberg and Joe Lieberman read speeches as you get paid $100 for each minute you can stay awake?
What ... $100 for each minute awake, but docked -$75 for each apoplexy or myocardial infarction? I think I could go home rich.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
This is one sick man.......IMO.
Between what I can drink, what I can eat and what I can own.......this is one sick bastage who's elected office has gone to his head...IMO.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Bloomberg is a fascist, plain and simple. It is tragic that he is a fascist with such a vast fortune. The damage he has done, and will do, is going to last for generations.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
How much money does that fool have? How much is he willing to pay to destroy this nation's Constitution?
Not 100% sure on this but I believe he's a billionaire (or dang close). I forget where I read this.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
This man has some very strong convictions or one hell of a agenda to be dumping all this cash over all these years into this cause. Scary stuff.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Not to go off kilter here but Reid has an A rating from NRA??? And Manchin is in talks to see if they go along with expanded background checks???
Think ill be writing the NRA as well as my reps. Sounds like they need a head bump to clear the noggin of who butters their bread as well.
Bloombutt is a lost cause at any rate on any level of intelligence except fleecing sheep.:mad:

·
Premium Member
37,430 Posts
With Bloomberg's fortune, he could spend $12 million/day every day for the next five years, and still have millions left over. His convictions lack the unbridled support of his purse strings.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
If this is the commercial in question, then the joke is on them...

Responsible? If Bloomberg wants to encourage responsibility, how about hiring an actor that can keep his finger OFF the trigger? Maybe also pointing the shotgun in a safe direction?

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
Bloomberg is an elitist, self-absorbed, dictator want-to-be. His god complex is staggering. He clearly knows far more about what is good for the families he benevolently rules over than the vast unkempt masses.

How can the people of NY continue to submit themselves to his ever expanding rule? How pathetic do you have to be to WANT to be the subject of an egomaniacal ruler?

This man makes me want to puke!

·
Registered
588 Posts
If this is the commercial in question, then the joke is on them...

Responsible? If Bloomberg wants to encourage responsibility, how about hiring an actor that can keep his finger OFF the trigger? Maybe also pointing the shotgun in a safe direction?
Agree, but only people like us will recognize that (finger on trigger). Unfortunately, this looks like fairly effective propaganda to use on the sheeple. It makes it sound like 2A people support background checks & shows family with babies to get to the mothers & appear to be all cuddly ... its for the children.

Its going to be a long fight. If UBC does not make it this year they will try again & again for the next 4 years. UNFORTUNATELY.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts