Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in about 2 weeks my older brother will be flying in from our lovely:eek5:home state of Massachusetts into Birmingham-Shuttlesworth airport.

Due to his "budget" he will be arriving about midnight CST.:mad:.Like most airports it's not in a good area of town.

From what I've researched Alabama allows carry into the terminal/baggage area.

Since I've never carried in an airport I would like to know if there is anything more to know other than to avoid secure/TSA areas.

BTW I will be carrying consealed IWB.

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
Check your state laws or here Handgunlaw.us and if not illegal then carry on. Without checking I'd bet you're fine.

It's been a few years, but I have never had an issue coming or going from the B'ham airport but YMMV......

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I have carried on the non secure baggage/terminal area of three airports in my state.
I have found nothing to indicate an issue with this.

I would follow the advice of other posters and check into the laws of your state.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Sounds like you're good to go so long as you don't try to get past TSA security. The law is the same in KY.

BTW, I stayed at the Holiday Inn at the Bham airport last fall for the Talladega race, and to say it's in the shady part of town would be generous.

Reactions: WC145

·
Registered
99 Posts
A person, including a person with a permit may not knowingly possess or carry a firearm in any of the following places without the express permission of a person or entity with authority over the premises:
Inside the building of a police, sheriff, or highway patrol station.
Inside or on the premises of a prison, jail, halfway house, community corrections facility, or other detention facility for those who have been charged with or convicted of a criminal or juvenile offense.
Inside or on the premises of a facility which provides inpatient or custodial care of those with psychiatric, mental, or emotional disorders.
Inside a courthouse, courthouse annex, a building in which a District Attorney's office is located, or a building in which a county commission or city council is currently having a regularly scheduled or specially called meeting.
Inside any facility hosting an athletic event not related to or involving firearms which is sponsored by a private or public elementary or secondary school or any private or public institution of postsecondary education, unless the person has a permit issued under Section 13A-11-75(a)(1) or recognized under Section 13A-11-85.
Inside any facility hosting a professional athletic event not related to or involving firearms, unless the person has a permit issued under Section 13A-11-75(a)(1) or recognized under Section 13A-11-85.
any building or facility to which access of unauthorized persons and prohibited articles is limited during normal hours of operation by the continuous posting of guards and the use of other security features, including, but not limited to, magnetometers, key cards, biometric screening devices, or turnstiles or other physical barriers. AL ST § 13A-11-61.2
Demonstrations held at a public place (having knowledge of the demonstration) (§13A-11-59). See definition of public place in the Special Notes below.
Public schools (The term "public school" as used in this section applies only to a school composed of grades K-12 and shall include school buses). Ala. Code § 13A-11-72. *This prohibition does not apply to anyone with a license to carry a pistol in accordance with §13-11-75.
TVA Property (see special note below).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's from my LegalHeat app. In Oregon I walked right up to the police office in the airport. They didn't care about lawful CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts