Defensive Carry banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one? I ordered one last week, and it came today. I got the heavyweight one so it feels real. This thing is a exact replica of the original. Same size same weight, all safety work. I took some pics of it compaired with my Mil-spec so you can see how realistic it looks. And some pics of the safetys so youcan see that they work.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
I have a single shot then cock USP look alike. works good for indoor practice, Also a full size AR electric , that works similar to my real AR. Mags come out and all. Even a selector switch on the airsoft.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Looks good. Does that use the ''green gas'' bottle to fill?

Buddy at club had one at range last year - pretty good. So - plastic BB's? What sorta cost?

Have considered one for ages. I reckon a good catcher needed behind target to keep BB's from going everywhere.

·
Administrator
144,510 Posts
Don't Get Them Mixed Up Now Bruce

You don't want to pluggin' any Bad Guys with little Green Plastic Pellets instead of Lead. :biggrin2:

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P95Carry said:
Looks good. Does that use the ''green gas'' bottle to fill?
No this is just a single shot and cock spring loaded model. I really wanted the electric ones that work like a semi-auto, but couldn't find one in a 1911 pattern. This one shoots the BB's at 200 FPS so I have to be careful when inside. And out to about 10 yrds or so its quite accurate.

·
Registered
521 Posts
how does the trigger compare to the pull and travel of yer 1911?
thats important also. but overall it seems like a very good replication.
i hate to admit it but i'm a fan of these airsoft guns.
you can buy a replic of a $900 gun for 50 bucks!
for 100 bucks you can get full auto action!
i know i've heard of using them for reaction type training.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SOLOLUCKY said:
i've heard of using them for reaction type training.
Thats why I bought this, my neighbor and I practice different senario's, its much better with the airsoft as I can tell when I get a hit (or miss) He has some, but none are 1911's and they just don't feel right, plus all I have is 1911 holsters so that is what I use so that is what I bought, wanna keep things as realistic as possible.
WARNING if your using a friend a a BG make sure he has safety glasses on as these things will take a eye out.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have a Walther P99 airsoft spring gun. It's the closest I could come since they don't make a Steyr model. For a target I use a bankers box with a towel suspended in it to catch the bb's, and I hang printed targets I downloaded from the net in it.

Great practice and a bit more interesting than dry firing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love the airsoft guns. We here in WA have mil-sim games every other sunday. Most of us are prior military and get together to relive the good old days. I personally have 2 of the gas pistols, an M4, an AK spetz, and a G3. There are some places on the west coase, including WA, where there is indoor CQB events. We have a friend who owned one and had us come in on various days go be OPFOR against local law enforcement. The airsoft guns are a good way to learn and use good defensive tactics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts