Defensive Carry banner

Airsoft vs paintball

548 26
My son does the airsoft battles weekly. And always rents a gun from whichever arena he's at. He's always said he wished he could get a airsoft like my colt m4. Just so happens I was able to find 1 fully metal that is licensed by colt. He doesn't know but I got it for him for Xmas this year. What I don't understand though is why does everyone shame kids having the airsoft guns but paintball guns are ok? In reality paintball gun's do more damage than the airsoft. Or at least leaves a bigger mark. If your child is responsible I don't see any harm in it. Pics below is my real colt m4 then soon to be his airsoft colt m4.
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Wood Shotgun
Table Television Television set Gadget Cable television

Table Font Automotive design Gas Electric blue

Air gun Trigger Toy Input device Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Harley Davidson electra glide
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't personally do it, I go to the range to shoot with me living in the city. Just don't get why so many people shame on airsoft but paintball is ok.
Who's shaming kids for airsoft guns? I enjoy playing airsoft with my kids and nephews.
I'm a big fan of airsoft for easy force-on-force scenarios. No expensive special equipment, just a $99 airsoft gun and a few pennies of BBs.
I use P365 for force-on-force scenarios with friends and the wife.
View attachment 396916

I'm even teaching my kids how to fight under nods with airsoft.

View attachment 396917
Not specifically on here just in general. Even mentioning I was gonna get a clone of my m4 for my boy for Xmas. Few people gave that stink eye look. But then turn around dropping there midgets off to paintball tournaments. Just venting I guess

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was really impressed when I opened it up. I didn't completely open it. But your right they are pretty spot on. I think I might even be able to put some of my extra furniture on the rails for him once he completely opens it. I have no real estate left on mine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
A friend of mine's son and his friend were outside playing with a realist looking airsoft handgun. It was basically a replica of the real thing. I brought it to their attention and their parents attention that wasn't the smartest idea especially out on public neighborhood streets.

It's stuff like that that's behind why some people dislike kids with airsoft guns. There have been cases where kids brought them to school, there was a case where a kid was expelled for playing with one before his school bus came, and others who have been killed by L.E. or had L.E. called on them. I had a few kids about a month ago firing a fullauto airsoft gun at his friend's, and the pellets were hitting my car and others.
Paintballs can be shot just as much as plastic bbs. The guns may not look anything like a real one but you can inflict just as much damage/pain. Not all younger kids are immature when it comes to that. If your child is that irresponsible than don't get 1. Couple of my buddies wife's got wind I was getting my son 1 and it's been a little weird when I visit or whatever. My boy would go paintballing with most of the kids. Now he's not really into it anymore and likes the airsoft battles even more. It's just ridiculous the way I look at it. There already allowed to go paintballing so.. son is trying to get a team together with the kids that he knows and paintballed with but it's not panning out so well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I am not disagreeing with you. Just pointing out why it has gotten a bad name. Most people who do paint ball do it with gear on in a controlled environment. There are a lot of immature unsupervised kids who are misusing airsoft guns.
No I get it, even with airsoft battles though every arena requires face mask and chest plate. He got hit good at last Sundays battle
Eyelash Sleeve Grey T-shirt Chest
but even that is nothing compared to getting hit with a paintball as far as leaving marks. As a parent you should know whether or not if your child is responsible enough. Trying to teach him young and the responsibility of having guns I think he's doing pretty well so far. Next chapter will be a small rifle, In time that is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ok I'm getting varies of information am I allowed to buy and gift my 13 year old an airsoft gun. In Michigan? Don't need a response from the couple clowns on this forum. Serious question?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts