Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to recomend an affordable kydex AIWB holster for a M&P Shield45? Id like one that doubles as a mag holder too...

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
Reactions: TeflonDon

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
AND a mag holder?
That's a lot to be crammin' into there.
You da man.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Crossbreed AIWB are on sale. I've never tried one, but I have their IWB and it's good holster.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Eh, I would get the mag carrier separately, were it me... just personal preference but I wouldn't want my mag at 12 or 1 or wherever it ends up if it's attached to my AIWB holster.

JM Custom makes excellent AIWB rigs but they don't make any with mags attached to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Honestly, good luck, because for some strange reason it's a struggle to find an inexpensive kydex AIWB holster that isn't made for a Glock. Granted, S&W has almost as much support as Glock, so when the market catches up you'll have more options. Personally, I carry a SIG P229 and a 1911 Commander in AIWB, and I cannot find the right kydex AIWB holster. Ideally it should be ~$30 (it's a piece of plastic!), have a single clip, and have adjustable height and cant.

My absolute favorite AIWB holster is the Blackhawk ARC, which are both cheap and adjustable. However, the range of guns is very limited and, though it includes other S&W, it currently does not include the Shield .45. I emailed Blackhawk saying I loved the holster and they should expand the line, and they told me to pound sand.

The DeSantis SlimTuk is another that would fit the bill, and they make it more models than the ARC, but still not in the Shield .45, and not for my guns.

The closest alternative I have seen is the Black Arch Single Clip IWB, which costs thrice as much as the ARC (not really inexpensive) and they ALSO don't make it for many guns. Their site makes it pretty difficult to tell which guns they do make. They do make it for a P229, so I may end up buying one in the future.

And, wanting the mag holder on the same holster just makes it even less likely to be made IMO.

This isn't the most helpful post except to let you know that it may be tough to find what you are looking for. It is incredible to me that I can't find a AIWB holster for a goddang 1911.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Check out TIER 1 CONCEALED

I have one of their Agis rigs arriving in a few days and my wife has the Xiphos.
What Im looking forward to is that albeit similar to the "sidecar" style, their rig separates via the snap buttons down the middle, if you so decide to go without the mag carrier... it gives you that flexibility. Plus, not a 4-8 week lead time, custom orders 5-7 days, and they have ready to ship options as well!

Happy hunting!

Reactions: txs171

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a T-Rex Sidecar for my G-19. It's my primary holster for it. I use a StealthGear AIWB for my G-43, and a StealthGear mag holder for my spare mag.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Took an inexpensive Clinger Atom and added a leather sweat shield.
Redrilled the holes for hook placement and sanded the excess kydex to make it even more minimal. View attachment 179642
Not bad at all! That might be the ticket! They make it for a giant range of guns (to include the OP's Shield .45 and both of my guns), and it's cheap enough that I don't mind cutting on it to make it work.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Honestly, good luck, because for some strange reason it's a struggle to find an inexpensive kydex AIWB holster that isn't made for a Glock. Granted, S&W has almost as much support as Glock, so when the market catches up you'll have more options. Personally, I carry a SIG P229 and a 1911 Commander in AIWB, and I cannot find the right kydex AIWB holster. Ideally it should be ~$30 (it's a piece of plastic!), have a single clip, and have adjustable height and cant.

My absolute favorite AIWB holster is the Blackhawk ARC, which are both cheap and adjustable. However, the range of guns is very limited and, though it includes other S&W, it currently does not include the Shield .45. I emailed Blackhawk saying I loved the holster and they should expand the line, and they told me to pound sand.

The DeSantis SlimTuk is another that would fit the bill, and they make it more models than the ARC, but still not in the Shield .45, and not for my guns.

The closest alternative I have seen is the Black Arch Single Clip IWB, which costs thrice as much as the ARC (not really inexpensive) and they ALSO don't make it for many guns. Their site makes it pretty difficult to tell which guns they do make. They do make it for a P229, so I may end up buying one in the future.

And, wanting the mag holder on the same holster just makes it even less likely to be made IMO.

This isn't the most helpful post except to let you know that it may be tough to find what you are looking for. It is incredible to me that I can't find a AIWB holster for a goddang 1911.
Dr. Mordo, have you looked at Clinger Holsters? I have the predecessor to their Trump Tuck for my Kahr CT380 and my EDC holster for my Kahr CW9 is basically identical to their Trump Tuck. I did replace the belt clip with an RCS Overhook. Clinger has one of the widest selection of models that I've seen.

Just saw sammeow's post. lol Here's the RCS Overhook I use. If you order 10, they are only [email protected] I now have spares if one breaks and for future project.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Not sure, but wouldn't the Incog Holster match your needs ??

Reactions: TeflonDon

·
Registered
7,175 Posts

Really? I supported dozens of different pistols with my AIWB designs for years. They were not cheaply priced, but you get what you pay for. Rich at Custom Carry Concepts has a very full line of AIWB models as well.

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
^^^ nevermind, I saw your price requirement after I posted. No, my designs are not just a piece of plastic, and it takes about two hours to build, smooth, and perfect the feel/retention. I don't know of any professional grade AIWB rig that sells for $30, no top tier Kydex IWB's can do that.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Really? I supported dozens of different pistols with my AIWB designs for years. They were not cheaply priced, but you get what you pay for. Rich at Custom Carry Concepts has a very full line of AIWB models as well.
Are you still down or are you back to bending again?

No offense but you're probably never going to satisfy the guy who thinks a flimsy IWB with zero AIWB design qualities is a good choice simply because it's cheap... Blackhawk can cut a bunch of corners and put out cheap stuff; you and all the other true craftsmen who hand make these holsters understand why you can't do it for under $30. Every person who has a quality holster made by you, Rich, Tony or any other holster maker also gets it; it's not just a piece of plastic.

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Are you still down or are you back to bending again?

No offense but you're probably never going to satisfy the guy who thinks a flimsy IWB with zero AIWB design qualities is a good choice simply because it's cheap... Blackhawk can cut a bunch of corners and put out cheap stuff; you and all the other true craftsmen who hand make these holsters understand why you can't do it for under $30. Every person who has a quality holster made by you, Rich, Tony or any other holster maker also gets it; it's not just a piece of plastic.
You are 100% right, (as always), none of the builders you mentioned produce gear for the masses, they do produce highly functional designs for those who must count on their gear to work all of the time, in every situation.

All these years into the AIWB resurgence and I still see IWB's labeled as appendix holsters posted in every AIWB thread, priced low too.

Yes, Agreed, I saw the price requirements after I posted. LOL!

I'm right there on the cusp of being up and running, but there have been so many wrenches thrown into this ordeal that I cannot promise there won't be another. :yup:

Thank you, my friend.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts