I have been carrying AIWB for almost 5 months now. I am sold on it. Here is a run down of my experience...
- It can be as comfortable or more so than other IWB positions.
- You need a a proper AIWB holster.
- A claw or wing is a must IMO.
- A wedge helps and I prefer one, but can see how some do without.
- Bigger is better. I have found full size to be better than compact (at least in holster length).
- Going along with bigger is better - I recently added a weapon light to my EDC and find it to add a bit more comfort to the mix. A little more footprint seems to provide the extra comfort.
- I need/prefer a stiffer belt for AIWB than any other positions. Just seems to keep things tucked in better.