Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a new show on TV called "Alaska State Troopers" It's pretty cool and one thing that they make clear is the fact that almost everybody in Alaska carrys a gun,they expect it and train for it,not once did I see them disarm anybody they approached just because they had a handgun on them,one fisherman had a S&W 500 sitting by him,last year he looked behind him and saw a brown bear up close and decided a 44 magnum wasn't big enough

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Thats a cool show; I work with a guy who was once a AST. He says the show is a fairly accurate representation of reality.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
I lived in AK for seven years, all interactions with AK LEO's was always professional, and almost everyone there has guns. We were even allowed to have guns on our military base...in our homes.:yup:

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
It is a very good show i have been putting it on my must watch list in the week which is very few shows anymore, that and Sons of Anarchy are about the only sure thing.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I've watched this several times now and really enjoyed it, best one of these types of shows I've seen in awhile.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
I also enjoy the show. I lived in Alaska for 8 years. The Troopers have a big job to do, and they do it very well. Law enforcement in interior Alaska requires the brightest and best. They not only need to be very good police officers, they also must be very good human beings to win the cooperation of native people whose largely subsistence lifestyle is far removed that of a city slicker. Alaska is called the Great Land for a reason. Sometimes I wonder why did I ever leave? The land mass alone is almost overhwelming in its scope.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Troopers up here are real pro's they do a job that is only matched by the RCMP's. Especially out in the bush EVERYONE is really armed, usually with stuff that will laugh at body armor. Not a job I would want to do - non the less I admire those that do.

·
Registered
87 Posts
....one fisherman had a S&W 500 sitting by him,last year he looked behind him and saw a brown bear up close and decided a 44 magnum wasn't big enough
I reached the same conclusion the first time I flew into Anchorage and got a good look at the stuffed Kodiak and polar bears in the airport. :yikes:

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Saw it recently. I am amazed that the "Village" PSO/LEO is not armed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts