Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
The story...
Albuquerque officer wounded in drive-by shooting

By: Austin Reed, Eyewitness News 4

An Albuquerque police officer was wounded in a drive-by shooting early Wednesday in Northwest Albuquerque.

Shortly after 1 this morning, officers were called to a domestic dispute at the Saint Anthony apartments on Indian School Road near 17th Street.

As the officers were conducting their investigation, three men inside a pick-up truck traveled through the parking lot of the complex, and began to fire at the apartment that the officers were in.

One officer was shot in the leg three times.

That injured officer shot back, hitting one of the men in the truck in the face.

Police were able to track down the vehicle at 12th and Summer a few minutes after the shooting, hospitalizing the injured suspect while taking the other two men into custody.

Police say there could be a connection between at least one of the men in the pick-up truck and one of the individuals involved in the domestic dispute.

The wounded officer was taken to Presbyterian Hospital. The male suspect was transported to University of New Mexico Hospital for his injuries. Both are in stable condition.

The APD is withholding the identity of the officer and the suspects, pending investigation.

--------------------------------------------------------

I hope these dirtbags are put away for life...or worse!:ticking:

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
A+ on returning fire and hitting one of the dirt bags,too bad he will make it

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I hope EMT did not endanger motorist getting dirtbag to hospital.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Good police training made it possible to return fire.

So many have said on this forum that you fight as you train.

In 2010 I want to get in more realistic training time.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Drive by shooters should be EXECUTED regardless if they hit anyone or not!!!

Z

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Police were at the right place at the right time, and unfortunately got caught in the shooting. Good they got them off the street and hope the officer comes out of it OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts