Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering buying one of these. The gun Im looking at is a Taurus PT111 G2 and there arent too many holster makers that make an IWB for it. Alien gear seems to be reasonably priced. Any owners?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I've had mine for a while now. Quality construction and materials at a fair price.

The downside for me is that it just isn't as comfortable as I thought it would be.
That may be due to my 36" waist. It really spreads the weight of the pistol out.

They have a trial period with full refund if not satisfied.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I own too many holsters to list including Galco's and Stealthgear IWB's and for me the AlienGear Takes the Cake! It is my daily use holster (I have the 2.0 and 3.0 version, but found I really like the leather 2.0 better for my daily carry weapon).

Reactions: Sportymonk

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Not my favorite but it's a quality product at a great price.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I have 2, the 3.0 model, and I'll most likely get a shell for any other guns I might decide to carry. Good value for the money. The only issue I have with them is the screws loosen with use but if I'd get off my duff and put a little locktite on them.....:roll eyes: The other issue is with the belt clips, they are a little thin for my belt. I have a Beltman reinforced belt that is thicker than a normal belt. I need to look into different clips which I think they sell.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I've had mine for a while now. Quality construction and materials at a fair price.

The downside for me is that it just isn't as comfortable as I thought it would be.
That may be due to my 36" waist. It really spreads the weight of the pistol out.

They have a trial period with full refund if not satisfied.

Yep, me too! They are more comfortable when I get below 225. I prefer to carry OWB but there are times when IWB is a better choice so I suck it up. (Pun intended!)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the latest Alien Gear 3.0 OWB and IWB, plus their belt. I echo all that has been said (good and bad), but I will underscore the customer service/satisfaction policies. If you are not 100% satisfied, they will refund your money OR send you another model that better suits your body type and carry preference. I love the fact that you can exchange any shell for another if you swap or acquire another gun. Give it a try. Nothing to lose but a little shipping cost that is worth finding the right holster for you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Price is a big bonus for alien gear it seems. I cant understand how other companies want upwards of $100 for the same thing! I like the Galco's as well, but I dont think they make a shell for my gun.

·
Registered
10,745 Posts
I have an aliengear 3.0 and its really nice. The only other one I would even consider comparable is the galco king tuck. I think the galco is a little better in terms of quality, but I can switch out the kydex on the AG which is nice. My crossbreed and comp tac holsters are now just paperweights.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really like the galco also, but I dont think they make one for my gun unfortunately.

Im curious as to the difference between the alien gear 2.0 and 3.0? I can look at their website, but Im asking from those who actually own both.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I really like the galco also, but I dont think they make one for my gun unfortunately.

Im curious as to the difference between the alien gear 2.0 and 3.0? I can look at their website, but Im asking from those who actually own both.
I own both, but for me I like the 2.0 when carrying my 1911 because the 3.0 seems to slide back more (even with the belt clenched very tight). I don't seem to have this issue with the 2.0 or when I use my 3.0 with my XDS (which weights less). It may be because I carry at 3 o clock but that is what is most comfortable for me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the 3.0 and it's a very comfortable holster and the price is nice. That being said, mine lives in a drawer as well. Only reason being the shell doesn't cover the trigger guard 100%. There's a gap that I just do not like to the rear behind the trigger. Alien Gear customer service was great and they shipped me a replacement shell thinking it may of been defective but the new shell was exactly the same. I then got a new gun so they shipped me another shell and once again it has the gap. The gap isn't big enough that you can pull the trigger so I'm sure it's safe but I won't use it for that reason alone. I want 100% coverage over that trigger guard.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts