Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
October 12, 2009

Re: Heckler and Koch, Inc. vs. German Sport Guns GmbH, American Tactical Imports, Inc. Civil Action No. 1 : 09-cv-00039-WTL-JMS (S.D. Indiana)

For immediate release,

We are very pleased to report that the litigation filed by Heckler & Koch, Inc. against German Sport Guns GmbH and its U.S. distributor, American Tactical Imports, Inc., together with all counterclaims, has been settled.

The terms of the settlement are confidential to the parties and cannot be disclosed. A dismissal of the above-referenced litigation, and all of the party’s claims against each other, is expected to be filed in the near future.

Attorneys for H&K will be issuing a statement. The attorneys for ATI have already issued a statement announcing the settlement.

Production and importation of the original design GSG-5 ceased as of Oct, 8, 2009 with the signing of the agreement. The remaining inventory now in the USA can be sold by ATI, all distributors and dealers. ATI currently has GSG-5’s in stock.

All sales of the GSG-5 by ATI must conclude by January 31, 2010. ATI will continue to service every firearm that it imports into the USA.

Thank you for your support.
Anthony DiChario
President C.E.O.
American Tactical Imports, Inc.
American Tactical Imports

- Janq

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that like a MP 5?

"The GSG 5 is an identical replication of the MP 5, except one great thing: Its a 22 cal. Because of the low cost of ammunition the GSG 5 makes a perfect plinking rifle, training rifle or a serious varmint hunting rifle.

Nothing of its kind has ever been introduced in the United States. The user will be impressed with its weight and performance. If you are a varmint hunter you will be encouraged by all the options the GSG-5 has to offer with its railing system, faux suppressor and easy change magazine.
For training purposes, the GSG-5 is a low-cost alternative."

Source - http://www.americantactical.us/gsg-sellsheet-for-web.pdf

- Janq

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Sure, after I get one, they bite the dust. Does that make mine more valuable or less?
It is fun to shoot, guilt free.
It is not an exact copy of the MP-5 as someone stated. It does look like an MP-5.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn't have to be an exact copy....Just approximate one.

Never mind the MAJOR error in that they widely marketed this product as being a "replication" (!) which is just crazy considering now as known in hind sight that they had no license in place with HK to allow such a facsimile.

This is no different than those people who make kit cars to approximate Ferrari automobiles.
Guess what...Ferrari goes after those people too, and those people know it.

- Janq

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
Mine has been a lot of fun.....I only wish it was really suppressed!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Keep in mind that Colt tried this with Bushmaster and others, which was dismissed in court as well. Dismissal has already been filed for by ATI.

-B

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
So does this leave the SIG 522 as the only military-style .22 plinker available on the market? Because once the word gets out, I doubt you'll be able to find a GSG-5 anywhere, or at least at a reasonable price anyway.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I have one,I guess I better buy a couple more magazines before they become extinct

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No it does not Katana.

S&W has the newly released M&P15-22
Umarex has the Colt branded AR15 available in multiple variants all chambered in .22LR
Ruger has the newly released 10/22 VLEH Target Tactical

Then there are number of AR15 based .22 conversions as top ends and bolt replacement units as well.
As well there are the Ruger 10/22 tacti-cool conversions available from Tapco among others.
Never mind that right now today the 522 is vaporware with a market release ETA that has slipped twice already and is now _rumored_ to be end of Q4 '09...But don't hold yer breath.

Options abound.

- Janq

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Actually, to stand corrected, it looks like the motion for dismissal was the Sept 22 memo, making this the most recent one. Damn. I really wanted one of these little guys too.

-B

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Thank you Janq. I know that when I finally get my bills caught up and can begin buying again, I wanted to get some sort of .22. Other than the 10/22, the SIG and the GSG-5 were the most attractive in looks as well as price wise to me.

I'll have to look into those other options as well.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ditto.

I have been holding all _year_ on a .22LR only because I wanted to see how the S&W 15-22 (IMHO _excellent_ as by my own direct experience and torture testing which I'd posted about in a prior thread!!) as well as the Sig 522 considering I run a Sig 556 carbine.
I've been hearing though that GSG might be contracted to build the 522 and IF that turns out to be the case then I would not at all entertain it.

Currently my own short list includes; S&W M&P15-22, Savage Mark II BTVS, CZ Model 453, and depending on reports of accuracy that of the Ruger VLEH.

All completely different items from each other but I can use any one of them in a multitude of activities from training to bowling pin matches.
I just wish irons were available with the Savage.

Many choices, aside from the GSG-5, are out there at all price points. :)

- Janq loves shooting .22

1 - 16 of 16 Posts