Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was at the GS today ordering my Colt XSE Commander, the owner ( a semi-good friend of mine) took me into the back and showed me a Brand new in the box (original cardboard box and slip on cover box) Colt Gold Cup, it was unfired and had all the paper work. He said he was going to keep it for himself, but wanted to offer to me before I ordered the XSE, but I really wanted the XSE. He told me $920 out the door :eek: , its a shame I didn't have the extra $$. That kind of stuff happens to me everytime

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
would have asked if he would have held it for ya to get rest of cash .. Gun store has 3 month layaway where i go its a good and evil thing this month have been a bad month for gun buying im tapped out again

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would take me forever to come up with a extra $900 more it took me all summer to come up with enough for the XSE a new holster and a new gun belt. Plus its not going anywhere, he said if I didn't buy it it was going home and being put in his safe.

·
Administrator
143,809 Posts
A Nice Minty Sweet N.I.B. Colt Gold Cup

I always wanted one of those. :hand4:
I would get it...telling myself that I was going to buy it as an "investment" AKA Safe Queen...then I would end up taking it out & shooting the heck out of it.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya know that deep rich blueing that is on the older Pythons? That is what this Gold Cup looks like, it is defently a nice gun, also it is a lightweight model(I am guessing) cause it dosn't weigh anywhere near what a regular gubmit model weighs.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CombatEffective said:
You could always still order an XSE as your "next" gun. Will you be able to find a GC in this condition again?
This is what teh shop owner said to me, but I have no use for the Gold Cup cause I wouldn't shoot it, I would stash it away and use it as a investment. And I want that XSE for my carry gun. Been carring my SP101 for a few months, but I just can't seem to become one with it, proboly cause its not a 1911.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Bruces45 said:
Been carring my SP101 for a few months, but I just can't seem to become one with it, proboly cause its not a 1911.
Funny, I have a 1911 that I just can't seem to warm up to. I see why people like them so much, but I just can't get all warm and fuzzy about
it.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Lee - I am with you!

Sure I ''like'' them, a lot but not enough to be to the exclusion of all else. I do admit (as with my BHP) JMB was inspired with his designs and even my old Sistema is a pleasure to own and shoot but somehow can't find the carry enthusiasm for the platform.

Bruce - you are right tho - some of the best deals do crop up when funds are inadequate. Or as is more likely, in this case - spending out on one when you see another - sometimes a chance in a lifetime it seems.

I ''lost'' out on a beaut' early 629 for that exact reason coupla years back - and always wished I'd been able to snag it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts