Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this site today and was wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything on it, positive or negative..?

I don't know myself, but it looks like a pretty cool option to add to a range gun, or just for a different grip angle on your trusty Glock.

FactoryGripangle.jpg 1911-gripangle.jpg

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
I don't know that I would want to change the grip angle of my EDC. I used to switch back and forth from my Kimber to my Glock, until I took a class in 'point shooting'. I loved the class and discovered the uselessness of the sights, but along with that was the idea of developing muscle memory with one's EDC. Glocks and 1911's definitely have different grip angles, and for that reason, my Kimbers are in the safe and the Glock stays on my hip.:22a:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats cool. I do like the grip angle on the 1911 though. I kinda liken it to the perfect pistol... The grip of the 1911 and the performance of the Glock.

All in all though you're probably right, it's best to stay with one or the other for ease of use under duress. I thought it was kinda cool that there's frame options out there for the Glocks.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Most people would be better off spending $300 on training and education instead of fixing an imaginary Glock frame problem.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:confused:Who said anything about something being broken?

Glocks are top shelf IMO.... But I like options too.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I would entertain it, pretty cool and would like a 1911 grip angle!

·
Registered
88 Posts
until theyve sold a 100,000 of them and have acceptable reliability data its a risk i would not take.

note that a somewhat significant number of people seem to be having feed issues with the 40cal glocks when lights are attached to the rail. the problem is suspected to be an inhibition of the frames natural flex properties.

my point has nothing to do with whether you care about lights. my point is that if the problem is indeed an alteration in frame flex then i would be very afraid of spending money on one of these.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Interesting. Options are good. But for me and my Glocks, there are no options.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I saw those in a write-up not too long ago. I can't see them selling many. Most people that don't like Glocks would look at other pistols to begin with. Kinda negates one of the best features of Glock, the light weight. Personally, I'd get a grip reduction done or buy a different pistol before spending that much on an aftermarket frame. It will make some happy though.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw those in a write-up not too long ago. I can't see them selling many. Most people that don't like Glocks would look at other pistols to begin with. Kinda negates one of the best features of Glock, the light weight. Personally, I'd get a grip reduction done or buy a different pistol before spending that much on an aftermarket frame. It will make some happy though.
Grip reduction? Now that sounds like a good solution. I guess it's time to google. Thanks, never thought about that. :bier:

GBK

·
Registered
767 Posts
My dad has the stainless steel frame.
Built a pistol up just as a range fun gun.
Put on a longslide and LWD 6" bbl in .357sig.
Feels like shooting 22lr.
Perfect functioning now for over 1k rounds.
The 'small' backstrap makes it feel quite a bit thinner gripwise.

dan

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Nice to see another company making aftermarket frames for Glock, still while Im not a fan of Glock I think the grip angle is fine. Robars metal frames are just more appealing.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice to see another company making aftermarket frames for Glock, still while Im not a fan of Glock I think the grip angle is fine. Robars metal frames are just more appealing.
Cool, that's it! Thanks for the lead. That looks like the ticket to me..:hand10:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
It's interesting...but I'll stick with my Glock's just the way they are...

·
Banned
66 Posts
For me ,the way a Glock sits in my hand is perfect, that's just me though, everyone is different. I say give the frame a try if you want, if you don't like it you can always sell it or just tell your wife it cost $20 or someone gave it to you. Lol. That's my system when dealing with the GF and purchases, divide by three and drop two zeros.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I am happy the way they are but a different angle would be very tempting to try...with a bit of a shorter reach to the trigger for smaller handed people.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
A grip angle change is the only way I WOULD want a Glock. It's the kind of option that has potential to make me drink the Kool Aid....someday.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I think those types of things will satisfy mostly the gamers in IPSC or IDPA trying to look for an edge; I imagine the steel frame option in 9mm will be mighty popular with that crowd looking to dampen the recoil and the muzzle flip. Outside of that, I would leave mine just the way it is.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts