Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... My name is Jake I live in Wilmington NC and like the title says i am ALMOST old enough to carry concealed :image035:. I stumbled on y'alls sight researching ccw guns (narrowed down to 2ish). I turn 21 in September and hope to take the CCW class by October at the latest. And then hopefully i will be able to purchase my carry pistol by the first of the year.

After looking around this sight i decided to join, it seems y'all have a lot of unbiased opinions (as a forum) and just some really good people around here. I look forward to learning all i can here, and possibly meeting some locals who carry as well.

BTW: anybody around here have a P2000 that i can try out :wink:

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
You don't have to be 21 to take the CHP class.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

If you can take the class any sooner, sign up now!:yup:

ret :31:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i realize that... I'm just dealing with a very full schedule right now, and it looks like it will be after my birthday before i can take the class.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will definitely get plenty of opinions here. :image035:Don't wear your feelings on your sleeve and you will enjoy the forum very much.:danceban:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all, just went and did some pettin on a few pistols. And I am getting anxious :comeandgetsome:.

something interesting i found today though, is i have not handled any of my guns in over a year :frown:. The last shooting i did was with my uncle with some of his smith's. I was in a motorcycle accident last year and my right hand has changed a bit compared to what it was the year before. Kinda threw a curve ball into the mix.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
:wave: Hi Jake and welcome from Fort Worth TX!

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
My son turns 21 next week. He's already taken the course and I just picked up the paperwork from the Sheriffs office just this morning. Now pay attention to this: Ask for the cost of the course and the $90 application fee for your birthday! Great way to grease your own skids. That's what my son did. No dummy.

Good luck and happy birthday.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from SE Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My son turns 21 next week. He's already taken the course and I just picked up the paperwork from the Sheriffs office just this morning. Now pay attention to this: Ask for the cost of the course and the $90 application fee for your birthday! Great way to grease your own skids. That's what my son did. No dummy.

Good luck and happy birthday.
your son is a very smart boy. :35: Unfortunately my parents are in a tight spot with remodeling a couple of houses and i am probably going to end up paying for my dad to take the class too... but i really don't mind considering all they do for me on a regular basis. Besides my mom is a creative woman and always comes up with something interesting, not sure if i want to ruin that by making requests.

Tell your boy Happy B-day and congrats on the CCW.

And thanks to everybody else for the welcome.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
welcome from the panhandle of Texas

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.