Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alpha AK from CAA

What CAA had done with the Alfa was, in effect, build a modern, ergonomically-friendly platform around the traditional Kalashnikov’s hugely reliable core shooting mechanism—the “engine,” in Oz’s words. It was always this engine that set the Kalashnikov apart.
According to Oz and his partners, in addition to the customary AK reliability, the Alfa’s design now provides better accuracy and balance, and less recoil and up-kick; it’s more precise. Multiple rails give the option of fitting the latest gadgets (scopes, lasers, night vision sites, etc.) onto the rifle, making it more lethal. Unlike the old Kalashinkov that just used the Soviet caliber bullets (7.62mm), the Alfa comes, as well, in a Western caliber model (5.56mm) and a less powerful, police-friendly model (9mm)—it’s more versatile.
These look very nice. More user friendly, more ergonomic, more versatile............

The only thing I don't like is the price tag, which is up there in Tavor range, or a worn out IMI Galil..........:35:

Which brings us back to CAA and the Alfa’s impending rise. While the U.S. civilian market is the primary focus, the firm does have a side business plan for its new assault rifle: setting up factories in countries that want to turn their aging AK stocks into state-of-the-art Alfas. “Refurbishment,” Oz calls it, wherein the barrel and some other older parts are used to build the new rifle. Given that there are millions upon millions of Kalashnikovs in official military circulation, the reach of this side of CAA’s business is, in a literal sense, global.

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
I see it is Kalashnikov USA

And if they are going with Kal good luck people at this point are saying they are getting close to scame/vapor wear ..They showed off the same stuff this year at shot as last year keep saying here it comes etc etc ..I think the russian might have even sued them over name not sure on that ..I have little if any faith in that ...

Yep I see the price now that artical is not well wrote ...1.7 k ..Yep nope nope and nope ..That is not going to sell any thing past 1.5k it wont move much ..2K gets a proper pre ban or a Krebs guns ... This is a unknow name unknow build AK that does not even have a front sight block ...

Last I check they have not even built any of them other then one or two to show off the ones at SHOT I think were 3d or cnc dummies ....

If they can pull off a proper 9mm Vitnerzy clone maybe they will do ok but frankly I dont see it

If they can drop the price and not use crap parts which I can near beat they will .... Maybe maybe ..

I like tactial AK as much as the next one ..But seeing the track record on USA build AK ..Which is dismal ..I dont have faith ..DDI now PSA and IO all have crashed and burned pretty bad ....

I have learned with USA made AK to wait for Rob ski to wreck it first if it lives up to that and we can get a list of parts then I will be more into them ..I wont ever buy a USA made AK without looking ..Way way too many bad guns ..The RAS47 the DDI crash and burn which turned into PSA crash and burn ( ie lying to rob and swapping out cast parts for waht should have been milled ) ...Yes PSA still might go over ok but I wont touch them

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
AK Alpha Rifle from Kalashnikov USA

A look at the other one ..The part that I like is the reports on one in 556 that runs GALIL mags ..If they can get that here I will buy ...Galil mags are cheep verus say 556 mags for most other AK

It does have some good idea esp on charing levers and ergo so the AR guys might like it ..But I dont mind the old school AK ..Nyt it is fine as they say lol

Reactions: Rock and Glock
1 - 5 of 5 Posts