Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep going back and forth, do I want one? Yes.....No.....Yes.....No

Would it be stupid to trade my P2K LEM V1 W/ Night Sites, and my PPS both with less that 250 rounds a piece for a 1911?

What would you do?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Depends....which 1911? Nighthawk, Wilson, Les Baer....depends on the model and condition. There are some 1911's I wouldn't trade either for.

·
Administrator
21,377 Posts

Would it be stupid to trade my P2K LEM V1 W/ Night Sites, and my PPS both with less that 250 rounds a piece for a 1911?

What would you do?
Are those your current carry guns?

If so I'd pass on getting rid of them both. The 1911 has a different manual of arms, IE the grip and thumb safety to learn, if you are not used to them, I would suggest that you get familiar with them before carrying the 1911 for defense.

As posted above, it depends on the 1911. At one time I thought about trading thee guns, 2 Kimbers and a Beretta for one Nighthawk, I didn't do it and sometimes I kind of kick my self as I sold the Kimbers and Beretta anyway...but I'm happy with what I have.

·
Registered
448 Posts
If my life depended on the guns you mentioned, there's no way I'd trade the P2000. Just on a value determination, you'd have to specify which 1911 is considered to know if it's monetarily a good move. But on function, no.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Keep them and get the 1911.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe you're right. I should keep them and get the 1911. I guess I will have to use my discount with SA and get a GI in stainless.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

What would you do?
Get training and get a clue.

You haven't shot the guns enough.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get training and get a clue.
I guess my Blackwater and FLETC training isn't enough. Where can I get a clue at? How much does it cost? :hand1: How many times should I use something before I decide to swap it? Do I need to ask your permission father to change my mind? Maybe you should keep your insults to yourself?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
$1.50

They are available at walmart next to the ammo, right under the deer scent.

I bought 3 yesterday when they were 3 for $3.

Seriously, you have a pair of great carry guns...why are you looking to dump 2 weapons for 1? It makes no sense.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Maybe you're right. I should keep them and get the 1911. I guess I will have to use my discount with SA and get a GI in stainless.
I'm right with ya. I'm thinking there's a GI or Milspec that's gonna follow me home sometime early next year.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gotta look for them next time I'm in Walmart.

Don't know why I want to dump them. Maybe I want a 1911? Maybe I don't carry them but carry another gun and would prefer a 1911?

I really don't know why I have an itch to have a 1911? I've never shot one, or a 45 cal for that reason. I think it might have to do with evertime I see Gran Tourino I want to get rid or my AR and get a Garand, and get rid of the two handguns listed above and get a 1911. I've always been particular to the saying "fear a man with one gun, because he probably knows how to use it".

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I know why you want a 1911. They look good. Time proven. Fun to shoot. Just keep the ones you have, even if it means putting off the 1911.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I believe Stevew said it first: keep what you have and still get the 1911. I can name, even many years later, every single gun I ever let go and I also can tell you, again many years later, that I regret ever letting any of them go. And should that be your decision, YOU TOO WILL REGRET IT!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the only gun I've gotten rid of was a PT92-C. One of the first compact guns. I honestly don't regret it. I'm looking at 1911 forum and they are saying that I can get a Dan Wesson at an amazing price. I wonder if Kimber offers a similar savings.

·
Registered
543 Posts
If you don't like the ones you have, sure trade them but make sure the value's match. If just want a 1911 and think this is a easy way but kinda like the ones you have now, keep them.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I would trade the 2 for a 1911 if the 1911 was a good one of the same or better value.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
For the right 1911, I'd trade in a heartbeat. Except for a few that were given to me or my EDC pistols, I have no emotional attachment to firearms and have willingly sold or traded many dozens over the years with only a couple regrets. A high-end 1911 is on my wish list.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I traded a Glock 23 and a 30 for a Springfield Armory Custom Professional 1911. I am happy. Go for a quality 1911. Look into an HK45/HK45C also.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts