Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone, here is my situation. I have a glock 26 with MTAC rig. I really love the glock 26 and am pretty good at shooting it.

However, I've always been a great shot with revolvers and something in my blood loves them. I am thinking of selling the G26 to get a Ruger sp101. Sure i'll lose "capacity" but with 5 shots of .357 magnum in my neck of the woods I think i'll be just fine. I live in a safe area of Mississippi.

Bottom line, I'm only 22 years old so money isn't flowing to have both. Am I crazy for wanting to get the SP101 and selling my G26?

The G26 is a great functional gun, but it just lacks character that I like.

The SP101 is a nice gun and I love revolvers but I'm just unsure what I want to do.

What are your thoughts? Have any of you switched from a Semi-Auto to a revolver for your EDC and how did that turn out for you?

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
I sort of did. I bought a 442 thinking it would be a bug only, but it since has become my everywhere gun.
I dont know that I would give up my semi autos for it, but there is nothing wrong with a good revolver.

If I were you, I'd save my cash to buy the SP and keep the Glock. There is nothing urgent that you need the SP right now, so don't buy on impulse trading away a good horse to have in any stable.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Not Crazy

Ok everyone, here is my situation. I have a glock 26 with MTAC rig. I really love the glock 26 and am pretty good at shooting it.

However, I've always been a great shot with revolvers and something in my blood loves them. I am thinking of selling the G26 to get a Ruger sp101. Sure i'll lose "capacity" but with 5 shots of .357 magnum in my neck of the woods I think i'll be just fine. I live in a safe area of Mississippi.

Bottom line, I'm only 22 years old so money isn't flowing to have both. Am I crazy for wanting to get the SP101 and selling my G26?

The G26 is a great functional gun, but it just lacks character that I like.

The SP101 is a nice gun and I love revolvers but I'm just unsure what I want to do.

What are your thoughts? Have any of you switched from a Semi-Auto to a revolver for your EDC and how did that turn out for you?
I think you should try many guns. Some shooters favor Semi-autos and others like revolvers. I started with a semi-auto Walther .22LR and a Sig P250 9mm.
I got tired of shooing these and thought I would really like a revolver. I thought I would like the challenge. I bought a Taurus M94
5" SS. 9rd .22LR. It is just fun to shoot and inexpensive.

Then I got into 1911 .45ACP Kimbers. Now those are my guns of choice.

If you can have them all, keep them. If you want to try a revolver, do so. Maybe you can rent one to try first.

You will probably take a bath when you try to sell or trade the
Glock 26.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
You're not crazy. There's something to be said for the merits of a good semi-auto and a good revolver. Save up and buy a revolver that meets your needs and purpose and have both.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Sell your Glock??? Ya, I am sending the men in the white coats. :rofl:

Nothing wrong with a revolver. You have to have a gun you like. But like everyone said, I would save my money and have both. That way, you are just adding on to your collection which will, trust me, grow as you get older.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Another vote for saving the money and keeping the glock. It's never going to lose its value and you will only end up buying another glock.

My dad has an SP101 and he loves it, says its a tackdriver. Sharp looking gun too.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I started out with a BB rifle and BB pistol as a kid (and I still have them both). Got my first 22 revolver and 22 rifle in my teens. I now have 8 handguns and countless shotguns and rifles (in the safe). I only ever sold 2 guns that I owned and I wish I had them back (especially the old Remington Fieldmaster pump 22 rifle). I bought a Henry lever action 22 magnum and that thing is more fun to shoot than one person should be allowed to have. We shoot golf balls with it. Your collection will grow...be patient.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Keep the Glock...it's not costing you anything, you don't have to feed it or anything.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've had both,

Carried both and there are good points inherent in both guns. The ruger will handle full house magnums and because it's a heavy little beast it will absorb lots of that recoil. Fewer rounds but remember: the .357 125gr jacketed hollow point is the big daddy of one shot stops. That's what they compare everything else to. On the other hand, I have +2 baseplates on the 26 and have an ankle gun that holds 13 rounds of the hottest 9mm you'd care to put in it. They both possess flawless reliability. If you've learned the Glock and want to learn the SP101 and you don't have the money to have both, Like the other poster said, you're young, got lots of shooting days ahead of you, swap it out and add to your gun knowledge. People always want a big stable of guns but usually end up carrying only one or two. And usually they're small ones. I don't feel undergunned with either. Whatever you decide, it'll be a good choice. Stay Safe.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Save up for the SP101 and keep the Glock. The SP101 is a great revolver, my wife has one and she loves it.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
You will regret selling the G-26, so keep it. A revolver will come into your life soon enough.:yup:

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Like others have said, Keep the Glock and save for the Ruger.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Keep it and save for the revo...from one slightly young guy to another, who has several guns in his "wish I hadnt" list. You'll be better off in the long run.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
You have to follow what you want. I'd keep the glock myself (I have one) and save for the revolver. Maybe tell everyone you want money for Christmas and then go out and buy a revolver.

I have a few on the wish I hadn't list but ya get over it and move on. If its a revolver ya want get it.

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
You need both autoloaders and revolvers in your arsenal. Keep the Glock but definitely find some money and get the SP101 too.

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
Guns are like guitars; I'll always miss a few that I've sold over the years and wish I had them back. Don't let this happen to your Glock.

I see that you're in Starkville, MS. I worked in Columbus for several years and I have relatives in Starkville.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts