Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my first pistol years ago, it was a DAO Kel-Tec P-11. Since then I have progressed through striker fired to lately, single action. But I've been hating carrying around a big 1911 with it being so hot this summer. So I found me a Smith & Lesson M&P9c. But I just want very good with it. Then I got me a Kahr CW9 DAO. I'm hitting exactly where I want to. And rather fast too. Is my trigger finger being sentimental or what? DAO and single action are so far apart I would think it would throw me off, but its the total opposite. Who knew? So I say try everything if you're looking for a compliment it your usual full size carry gun. You never know.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Need to check that gun...looks like it has been in a fire.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A controlled fire, yes. Its part of a texturing process I do. Drippy as stippling, but no sharp or scratchy feeling.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Seems we carry nearly the same guns. I have a p9 Kahr for hot summer , shorts wearing days , a M&P c for less sweaty days , and a full size M&P in the winter or sweatshirt weather. If it works ,why not?

Reactions: SIGP250

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
9mm Kahr 7 round 9mm vs 45 acp 1911 with 7 or 8 rounds.
Given equivalent ammo (HST/HST) the difference in terminal performance is offset by ease of carry, similar capacity.
Could be considered parallel rather than backward.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I've had the cw9 and cw40. Both shot fine, but the lack of aftermarket sights for them and the fact that my front post broke twice left me feeling empty.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Kahr triggers are among the best in their class. Kel-Tec P11 triggers are horrible. I wouldn't say that you went backwards.

By the way, nice looking S&W USSR.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kahr triggers are among the best in their class. Kel-Tec P11 triggers are horrible. I wouldn't say that you went backwards.

By the way, nice looking S&W USSR.
I agree. I have had a Kahr CW9 and a PM9 in the past. Absolutely love the trigger. Short and smooth DAD, but with a striker rather than a hammer. In trying to talk my buddy into one.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
You didn't go backwards at all. A Kahr is still a striker-fired pistol, and it's not a true DAO either (striker is partially cocked by the slide), which is why it's so smooth.

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
If it works well for you and is reliable I say, roll with it! Roll Tide! (I couldn't resist!) :danceban:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts