Defensive Carry banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just added a Glock 19 to my collection. For years I have only carried revolvers. I am now thinking about phasing in the Glock. My thoughts are I don't have to suddenly start remembering new switches or buttons other than magazine changes. Anything else you think I should factor in?

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a nine a few years ago and you usually have to beat me about the head and shoulders to get rid of anything gun related. I have one box and a half of carry ammo Federal 115 HP and two boxes of practice. Your right though when I think about it I haven't seen a lot of 9mm on the shelves.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I still like revolvers, however, when I hold a 642 snubbie beside a Glock 26 they are the same dimensions, I would take the Glock for the 10+1 capacity. You will still find uses for the revolvers, the Glock or other striker fire guns are really hard to beat for personal protection.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I still like revolvers, however, when I hold a 642 snubbie beside a Glock 26 they are the same dimensions, I would take the Glock for the 10+1 capacity. You will still find uses for the revolvers, the Glock or other striker fire guns are really hard to beat for personal protection.
If you are fortunate enough to find a Glock 26. They're akin to unicorns right now.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
22,469 Posts
Glocks are a good transition from revolvers to pistols. Just be careful when reholstering it that clothing or something else doesn't catch the trigger. I think more Glock negligent discharges happen when reholstering than any other issue.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good call on getting the Glock. If you are not used to flipping a safety, etc, then phasing in the Glock is a good idea. Pull the trigger and it goes bang just like a revolver. Quick, simple, and effective.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Finding new ammunition for your new calibers. Right now that's a big factor.
Actually, at least where I live 9mm ammo is coming back into stock everywhere and the costs are coming well down. 30 bucks for 100 rds. Maybe it is not that way everywhere yet though.

As for the Glock19. It is my everyday carry gun. You just cannot go wrong with it. I also ordered a set of Talon rubberized wrap around grips as I am not a fan of the stipling on the Gen4 glocks, but they are like 15 bucks and take literally 5 minutes to install from start to finish.

Other than that, just hit the range and enjoy the Glockness ;)

But stop shooting your wheel guns either!

·
Registered
246 Posts
You don't have to worry about a lot with a Glock. Be careful with the trigger, but that is standard safety. I carry chambered and loaded in a Comp Tac Minotaur. Make sure to not skimp on the holster.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I have just added a Glock 19 to my collection. For years I have only carried revolvers. I am now thinking about phasing in the Glock. My thoughts are I don't have to suddenly start remembering new switches or buttons other than magazine changes. Anything else you think I should factor in?

Don't be scared of it, if you're used to revolvers. The reason the Glock got so popular so fast was due to it's simplicity and consistent trigger. This made the switch from revolvers for police very easy.

I'd suggest you get the Glock with night sights. that's about the only change I'd probably make. Also try out both the gen 3 and gen 4. Not everybody likes the gen 4 grip.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I have gone the other way. I only carry revolvers now.
If it is good enough for the Ricktator during the zombie apocalypse, it is good enough for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts