Defensive Carry banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this past weekend I went to dinner with my wife and the in-laws to a local Mexican restaurant. At the entrance off to the side was an old looking sign, saying something to the effect of "Weapons are prohibited where alcohol is served and is punishable by this much money and this many years in prison." Sorry, can't remember the exact wording. I'm only 24, so was this previously a law I'm unaware of? There was no 51% sign or 30.06 sign accompanying it, either.

Edit: Forgot to add that this was in Texas.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I think the sign was from the 70's. I remember seeing those then. I think they need a 3006 sign.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
As stated, old sign. Must be a proper 30.06 , 30.07 or red 51 to be enforceable.
Carry on.
Just stay out of the bars, you're ok.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Sign did have age to it so that was my though.

Reactions: Eagleks

·
Premium Member
39,193 Posts
So this past weekend I went to dinner with my wife and the in-laws to a local Mexican restaurant. At the entrance off to the side was an old looking sign, saying something to the effect of "Weapons are prohibited where alcohol is served and is punishable by this much money and this many years in prison." Sorry, can't remember the exact wording. I'm only 24, so was this previously a law I'm unaware of? There was no 51% sign or 30.06 sign accompanying it, either.

Edit: Forgot to add that this was in Texas.
This was cause for confusion after Ohio's bar room carry law went into effect:

Liquor Sign Myth - OFCC Wiki

Reactions: Haywood

·
Registered
821 Posts
I thought that a private property (restaurant) is up to the owner's discretion, 51% or not? If they ask you to leave (how they'd know if "concealed means concealed" I don't know...) you have to leave or possible legal action may ensue. Or is that just here in Louisiana?

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Here, there was confusion related to the 51% / 49%, so the Legislature said ... OK , we'll fix it. Some thought they would prohibit anywhere alcohol was served. But the Legislature went the other way ..... took away the prohibition all together.. So, if you go into a bar that is 100% alcohol sales it's fine if they don't post a no gun sign. Now, there is not a crime if you carry past a sign like those, they can only ask you to leave (if they know you are carrying).

I thought that's the best solution.

Lots of arguments about alcohol and guns, and funny thing .......... law abiding citizens are smart enough to not carry and drink. And, the law already covered if under the influence and carrying, it's illegal. Only a couple of people were arrested for carrying under the influence, but none of them were at a bar ....... they were out driving, so they also got a DWI.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In a local Mexican restaurant in Texas, I'd be watching more carefully for the posted...Health Department Inspection Rating! :yup:
Lol More of an established, well known and liked Tex-Mex/Mexican restaurant. We're there quite often; it's pretty much the go to when we can't think of anything else.

Reactions: ghost tracker

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Lol More of an established, well known and liked Tex-Mex/Mexican restaurant. We're there quite often; it's pretty much the go to when we can't think of anything else.
I lived in Houston (6-7 years) a l-o-n-g time ago. There were several NICE Tex-Mex (go figure?) eateries in town. 3-4 were owned by Lee Trevino's younger sister, maybe "Momma Dee's"?

BTW, go eat breakfast at "The Fountainview Café" (Galleria Area). Tell the owner (Steve Drayer) that "Omar LaFong" sent you & then watch him...SMILE! :image035:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
we used to go for many years, here in Miami, to a Thai restaurant, the lady owner sold to an Indian guy, we gave it a couples chances, but he was turning it more and more to Indian food the last time we walked in and out the place was filthy, I only can imagine how dirty the kitchen is too, we drive by and the parking lot only have a few cars in it, a place that was pack before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts