Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for breakfast this morning at Waffle House. Found what I thought was the prime booth. Back against the wall that has the door to restroom, to the right, my strong side was the cooking area, and my left the entryway. I could see the entire public area of the restaurant from my seat.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
You're not paranoid, just situationally aware... :yup: and you got the best booth... :hand10:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
No, you're not paranoid. You're carrying a weapon correct? Then you should be in condition yellow. It's a little hard to stay in that condition and people watch if you turn your back to the place where they come in and out of.

No matter whether I'm armed or not, I've always sat where I can watch the front door if I can. Force of habit for me since I was in my teens.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Good SA, its interesting when my family goes out to eat we all want the same spot....

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Smart people, like us here would say you're cautious. The sheep probably wouldn't even consider why you sat where you did.
Paranoid, nope, just good SA.:smile:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I guess I'll be the only dissenting vote...:gah:

I don't think you need to always see the door and have your back against a wall when you go out to eat... I constantly scan the area and am aware of peoples movements, but don't "always" need to have the prime spot.

·
Registered
535 Posts
If you stay under the covers all day you're paranoid.

If you're always thinking about how the attack might develop you are just being realistic. To be honest I'm getting a little sick of hearing the word "paranoid" being used in relation to keeping me and mine safe. When the world becomes heaven on earth I'll change my tune. Until then I watch my back.

·
Registered
72 Posts
As long as I can remember I have always sat with my back to a wall or facing the door whenever possible(more than 40 years). :wave:

My wife will automatically pick the spot I will sit in as she knows where I like to sit.:haha::santaclaus:

Yes I am paranoid and yes they are out to get me.:comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Paranoid people have a hard time sleeping at night. Cautious people have no trouble sleeping at night. In my opion that is the major difference.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yes, they go together. There is healthy paranoia, which keeps us alive, and then there is crazy. When you won't eat at the Waffle House near the Cemetary because that's where the Zombies go first, then please surrender your guns and go to the nearest ER.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
is it paranoid to watch traffic around you and make sure youre in a safe position on the road when you see someething might be out of place?...

and how many times do you have to hear it?...do you have insurance?...a fire extinguisher?...spare tire?...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pecan waffle...yummy...nothing wrong with liking a good view of your surroundings...

Pecan waffle is what I had. My meal about 98% of the time at Waffle House.
Plus bacon.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, you're not paranoid. You're carrying a weapon correct? Then you should be in condition yellow. It's a little hard to stay in that condition and people watch if you turn your back to the place where they come in and out of.

No matter whether I'm armed or not, I've always sat where I can watch the front door if I can. Force of habit for me since I was in my teens.
Yes I was carrying, .40 Baby Eagle today.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
You are only being properly cautious...stay armed and stay in yellow, nothing wrong with that.:nono:

My wife HATES Waffle House, but I enjoy the pecan waffle with a couple of eggs...:yup::hand10::hand10::hand10:.

With all the windows, it's pretty easy to see anyone coming from any direction. Yes, I like to sit with my back to a wall, but that's not always possible...but I do 'eyeball' everyone coming, going, and those already seated.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Back to the wall with a 180 of the room; if that is paranoid then I guess I am!! May not always have a wall behind me but I face so my back not to the entry door(s). My wife has learned to pick seats that allow for this. It has been part of my life since I was old enough to go places by myself --- I will face the door if I have a good friend facing the door; and I can think of about one or two in my life.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had Hickok not sat with his back to the door he would have lived longer. I also try to set where I can see my vehicle.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Not at all, I do the same when ever I can. :hand10:

And the pecan waffle rocks!

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Good SA, its interesting when my family goes out to eat we all want the same spot....
^^^^^^^^funny^^^^^^^^^^

Smart people, like us here would say you're cautious. The sheep probably wouldn't even consider why you sat where you did.
Paranoid, nope, just good SA.:smile:

^For sure^^^^^

Yes, they go together. There is healthy paranoia, which keeps us alive, and then there is crazy. When you won't eat at the Waffle House near the Cemetary because that's where the Zombies go first, then please surrender your guns and go to the nearest ER.

Very funny^^^!!!

You are only being properly cautious...stay armed and stay in yellow, nothing wrong with that.:nono:

My wife HATES Waffle House, but I enjoy the pecan waffle with a couple of eggs...:yup::hand10::hand10::hand10:.

With all the windows, it's pretty easy to see anyone coming from any direction. Yes, I like to sit with my back to a wall, but that's not always possible...but I do 'eyeball' everyone coming, going, and those already seated.
What ret said
:adore:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts