Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know what you think… being 140 lbs and 6 ft 3, it is kind of hard to conceal anything on my body…
These are my 2 main methods of carry: 1st is my summer comfort IWB holster.

I don’t think that I am having too much of an issue with printing with IWB, and I also am not as worried about printing IWB because this is something that I wear just out and about.

I am more concerned with my Galco COP ankle band because this is what I am starting to wear to work (I am a server). I am also considering wearing to campus, or at least putting my G26 in my ankle band since it has a strap on it, and putting that in my backpack. With the strap buttoned in, the is no chance of my trigger guard being exposed.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Can't comment on the IWB rig; it seems to be okay but regarding the ankle carry, it doesn't matter how it looks standing becasue they all look good that way; but check it out f you're walking up steps, bending to tie your shoe with your foot on a chair, sitting in a chair, and sitting cross legged. You may think you won't cross your leg but it's easy to forget.

Also, I think the Kahr PM9 was absolutely made for ankle carry. Look's like you're packing a fat brick on your ankle and I can't imagine that it won't print under different circumstances.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I dont think you need to worry at all. I couldnt tell which ankle it was on untill I saw the picture of ur pantleg pulled up. No one's looking at their server's ankles.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Your first pic, I thought IWB at 4:00
Ankle pic, couldn't tell.

Nice job, not too many people look at ones feet.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Looks like you're good on both accounts. I carry IWB at 3 o'clock which helps to hide the grip of the gun b/c of the way the clothing falls at the shoulder.
We all know what to look for and where to look. Most people wouldn't give you a second look. "Carry on".

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Looks like you're good on both accounts. I carry IWB at 3 o'clock which helps to hide the grip of the gun b/c of the way the clothing falls at the shoulder.
We all know what to look for and where to look. Most people wouldn't give you a second look. "Carry on".
X2

I saw the print within 10seconds on the first pic ONLY because I carry in the same spot :yup:
also most people arn't looking at your waist for more then 2 seconds. You are fine.

Nobody has ever said anything to me just remember its back there and bend the knees and not the back if you have to pick something up.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Printing on the waist, invisible on the ankle.

·
Registered
635 Posts
My opinion is you need a different IWB holster. Something that sits a bit lower being you are carrying a double stack gun. Or get a thinner gun for carry. The TT Mikes Special would work great.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Slight printing on the IWB, but I seriously doubt very many would look twice. Shirt looks long enough to stay covering despite stretching to me, but it's tough to tell.

More power to you if you can pull off the ankle holster! Even my limited moving around throughout the day makes that uncomfortable for me. I couldn't imagine being a server while doing that!

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I was thinking 4 o’clock on the IWB. But no one much less the public (sheep) would ever notice. Believe me when I say no one will notice, when I ware a t-shirt I print more than you do because I carry OWB.

Ankle carry people give themselves away more for how they walk, than printing.

And while you think you don’t show while walking, the truth is, it takes allot of practice to master it.

And while I love my G26 from experience a smaller pistol like a 38-S&W featherweight would be a better choice for ankle carry

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I've found that if you were to wear a black shirt instead of a light colored shirt, that tiny bit of printing only a fellow CCWer can see would disappear! Just a thought. :wink:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya, I wear a black polo and blue jeans when I work.

and yes, campus carry is legal here, but if you get caught...well..

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I agree with everyone else. I can tell in the first pic, because you told us to look for it. No one would notice if you were out and about. Wearing a dark shirt does help a little. No one will be able to tell on the ankle, unless it shows when you sit, etc... Looks like you're good to go...

·
Registered
862 Posts
i think the pics look fine. +1 on Thumper's suggestion a black/dark colored shirt always helps. The ankle holster looked fine. I would just try different configs and also test out the small of your back as well it disappears back there.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Looks fine, nobody will notice.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I can barely even tell, and that's because I'm looking for it. You're fine.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
OMG, you have an Iphone too?
Yeah there is something under your shirt, and I bet nobody who does see it thinks it's a phone or pager, or a multi-tool.
They're:sheep:

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
No one is going to see anything.:nono:

Let's ask..."See anything dangerous?"...:sheep:, not me...:sheep:, not me...:sheep:, no, not me either!

See, I told you so.:image035::yup::wave:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
printing a bit IWB but not catastrophic, If you really want to make sure I suggest dark colored or patterned shirt, works wonders, I can also suggest appendix carry for you

that, and drink more.....er....I mean eat more steak :smile:
just kidding
:bier:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts