Defensive Carry banner

61 - 80 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
Pistoleer
492 Posts
No concern from me. I have a pistol being delivered to my LGS today and I just hope the NICS check is not delayed too long with all the new firearms being sold.

·
Premium Member
7,255 Posts
OTOH, what happens when we have Mr. Panic Snowflake use his newly acquired tool to secure himself a few rolls of TP? This just gives the Bloomberg, Gifford, lil' boss Hogg, Moms Demand Action, etc.
EXACTLY THE SAME THING that happens when a stupid irresponsible person who HAS A CARRY PERMIT and has owned a gun or guns for some time does the same thing. Breaking the law is breaking the law, no matter who does it!

(Unless your name is Clinton or Biden)

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
There are two kinds of new buyers when it comes to panic buying. There are people looking for a talisman, and everyone else. The talisman buyers may not even load their new guns, plan to never pull the trigger, and think merely waving a gun will get them out of a bad situation. That significant portion of buyers will be a source of LNIB guns a year from now.

Most of the others will pay attention to how dangerous handling can unintentionally kill loved ones around them, with of course a few knuckleheads thrown in too.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Not all of the gun purchases are panic purchases. A few years ago I took my wife to the range and let her shoot my AR. As we were leaving, I asked her what she thought about it. She said she liked it. I then said, "Maybe we should get you one too." And she said ok. But I didn't rush out and buy one the next day since the timing of the expense wasn't ideal. A few months later Sandy Hook happened and Obama started the usual gun ban talk. My wife suggested we get that AR now. At that time, the background check took 4 days. I didn't consider that a panic purchase, but simply decided now is the time. I suspect a few purchases are similar.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
EXACTLY THE SAME THING that happens when a stupid irresponsible person who HAS A CARRY PERMIT and has owned a gun or guns for some time does the same thing. Breaking the law is breaking the law, no matter who does it!

(Unless your name is Clinton or Biden)
CCW holders are much less likely to pull something stupid. I would strongly suspect these people who panic-bought firearms are significantly more likely to do something stupid with them.

I'm glad they recognized that the police will not be able to deal with the potential mass looting and mobs and made the decision to defend themselves. I hope they at least look at some GOOD youtube videos on gun safety and a manual of arms for their hasty choice of firearms. Better yet, that instructors will step up and offer some abbreviated classes, covering gun safety and some basic dos and don'ts concerning key areas of legislation for their area, like Stand Your Ground and Duty to Retreat and when one can defend one's home.

I hope they didn't buy too bad of a choice for their personal needs. XYZ may be a great firearm, but that doesn't mean its great for everyone. I know I tested 3 pistols, all top-rated and popular. #1 just wasn't for me after only one single shot. I refuse to nock it, but it's not for me. I've since shot a few others that aren't particularly bad, except for one that was best described as a disposable gun (horrible design and reputation, poorly manufactured and felt like a toy), and could live with them. I am concerned too many bought the equivalent of my #1, a very good firearm, but it just isn't for them. And now (or IF they actually go out and shoot it) they will get the wrong impression of all firearms because what they bought is a very poor match for them in particular. OTOH, maybe one of those will end up at a pawn shop for a very nice price and it will find a good home with someone who appreciates that particular model.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
:yup:, Pawn shops around here are usually retail+ $100. but they deal....:rolleyes:
Pawn shops and generally Bass Pro. They had a used Shield 9 Mod2 for $429. I've seen brand new for less than $400. And no upgrades, straight stock Shield.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Not all of the gun purchases are panic purchases. A few years ago I took my wife to the range and let her shoot my AR. As we were leaving, I asked her what she thought about it. She said she liked it. I then said, "Maybe we should get you one too." And she said ok. But I didn't rush out and buy one the next day since the timing of the expense wasn't ideal. A few months later Sandy Hook happened and Obama started the usual gun ban talk. My wife suggested we get that AR now. At that time, the background check took 4 days. I didn't consider that a panic purchase, but simply decided now is the time. I suspect a few purchases are similar.
I'm quite certain many have advanced their wish list item to buy now. I advanced my Magguts upgrade and found a few boxes of what I normally use and bought a box or 2. No panic and no big deal if I didn't get it, but might as well stocke up a bit. And at a good price.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Wow. The gun grabbing elitist liberals say...

"Only the super responsible and trained people, you know... like the police... are the only ones who should have guns. That way I will feel safe."

And then there are the elitist gun owners who say....

"New gun owners scare me because they don't know how to be responsible with their guns and they certainly aren't trained (as trained as me!)."

But the 2nd Amendment recognizes the natural right of every human being whether they are responsible or trained when it says:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Never forget, putting restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms according to your own personal opinion concerning who should, and who shouldn't, be allowed just so you can ... feel... better/safer is basically the same attitude and perspective of the gun grabbers. The only difference is in degree of gun control for thee but not for me.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Many of us think it's great. Just as we did when Obama and Clinton served as the best gun sales persons in the country. The more citizens who exercise their RTK&BA the better. They are buying for the same legitimate reasons millions of others have.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Many of us think it's great. Just as we did when Obama and Clinton served as the best gun sales persons in the country. The more citizens who exercise their RTK&BA the better. They are buying for the same legitimate reasons millions of others have.
I am pretty much on board with this. All of us had to start somewhere.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
From what I have seen on sites like this, the attitudes of some posters mirrors those doing panic buying.

I don't blame them for wanting a firearm, but I wish/hope that both groups mentioned get good training before carrying and/or using them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
And then there are the elitist gun owners who say....

"New gun owners scare me because they don't know how to be responsible with their guns and they certainly aren't trained (as trained as me!)."

The major difference between the two is, an "elitist" gun owner (or even a "normal" one) is far more likely to help out a new gun owner use it safely (I would hope) and give some instruction. the gun grabbers just want to take them, period. I know if someone came up to me at the range and said "hey, I just got this can you give me some pointers?" I would be more than happy to spend a little time with them (even at the expense of MY range time)

·
Registered
34,523 Posts
I'm not overly concerned as I imagine most of the non-gun people buying whatever they can find will never carry those guns out of their houses.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Busted. Mine was the Clinton crime bill.

:comeandgetsome:
How did we ever trust you? How did we know you would not just start shooting people? I guess we dodged the proverbial bullet with you panic buying like you did. :rolleyes:

61 - 80 of 129 Posts