Defensive Carry banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,730 Posts
I see people lined up in the streets (less than 6 feet apart) waiting to buy what I assume to be a defensive carry weapon for most of them. Will they become responsible and conscience owners: or will they be on the edge ready to gun down anything that makes them nervous. Will a bunch of fly by night firearm instructors pop up ready to train them. :confused:

I think owning a gun is a conscience decision one should make not a panic buy like a pregnancy test or cold sore cream.
Seventeen posts in the last two years, and you haven't said a word since you posted this click-baiter. Well-played.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I'm not too concerned about the "Gun Rush". I have plenty of guns and ammo already. Now the Toilet Paper Crisis, thats another Story. We are saving all of the Mail we receive from Democratic Politicals who are trying to sway us to their way of thinking. When the Rolls of TP are Bare we will be beholding to those Dems who supplied substitute Paper.

·
Registered
5,638 Posts
I'm not too concerned about the "Gun Rush". I have plenty of guns and ammo already. Now the Toilet Paper Crisis, thats another Story. We are saving all of the Mail we receive from Democratic Politicals who are trying to sway us to their way of thinking. When the Rolls of TP are Bare we will be beholding to those Dems who supplied substitute Paper.
I tried reusing Bloomberg campaign mailers, but they are already full of $#!+

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is panic buying with nearly every crisis. I have my weapons and ammo. It does not worry me. I also conceal carry so if things get crazy, I am carrying my protection.

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
Someone may have mentioned this, I haven't followed the whole thread: On a possible plus side, a gun store owner who has a YouTube channel is predicting that in six months or so, we will see a flood of guns on the used market. The crisis will be over and many of these panic buyers will be hurting economically. They will be selling unfired SD guns for whatever they can get for them. I don't know if that will come to pass, but it is an interesting possibility.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Someone may have mentioned this, I haven't followed the whole thread: On a possible plus side, a gun store owner who has a YouTube channel is predicting that in six months or so, we will see a flood of guns on the used market. The crisis will be over and many of these panic buyers will be hurting economically. They will be selling unfired SD guns for whatever they can get for them. I don't know if that will come to pass, but it is an interesting possibility.
Six months from now well be close to the election, all the polls, news media, any and everything will have Trump losing, and Dems and their media will either manufacturer another crisis as well as have Trump losing again. Not only that, it's going to take time for stock to catch up to demand. We also don't know what mass shootings may or may not happen between then... I actually don't see a bunch of great prices on used guns and because supply is great than demand happening until after the election again contingent on another Trump victory...

I also do not believe that there's hordes of mostly formally gun hating liberals who are buying everything up like the consensus seems to be.

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
I also do not believe that there's hordes of mostly formally gun hating liberals who are buying everything up like the consensus seems to be.
Agreed. I don't think it's the staunchly anti-gun crowd that's been making the run on everything, or at least not at this point. I believe it's mostly the on-the-fence, "never had a real opinion either way" crowd. They weren't interested in guns but didn't necessarily have a problem with them.

But something tells me that many of them will become dedicated 2nd Amendment supporters after this.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Seventeen posts in the last two years, and you haven't said a word since you posted this click-baiter. Well-played.
I always appreciate these, it gives the core group something to talk about, and it’s not like we are missing the op, this is the first I knew he was here.:danceban:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Agreed. I don't think it's the staunchly anti-gun crowd that's been making the run on everything, or at least not at this point. I believe it's mostly the on-the-fence, "never had a real opinion either way" crowd. They weren't interested in guns but didn't necessarily have a problem with them.

But something tells me that many of them will become dedicated 2nd Amendment supporters after this.
Could go either way. Some might become supporters, but I'm not holding my breath.. I have several Liberal co-workers who own and like guns, but will never vote for a Republican ticket. All my co-workers know my political beliefs via my bumber stickers. I have one guy who says he owns a couple of handguns, but we've had a few friendly debates while on the clock in which he expressed how no one needs an asualt weapon, hi cap mags, and he's for background checks. I see a lot of mostly urban and middle to lower income types at my LGS in my area as well buying guns. There are a few younger African American men in their mid twenties at my job who own ARs and AKs, but they don't really know the laws or follow what's going on with regards to firearm rights. They barely even know the make/model of the guns they own... All they know is that it's an AK, AR, Draco, Glock, Taurus... Ask them who manufactured the AR or Ak they purchased or what model handgun they have, and 8 out of 10 times they have this befuddled look on their face...

Guess my point was is, there are a lot of Liberal or middle of the road gun owners who are both casual gun owners or who are into guns who either do not vote or will not vote base on gun rights as it's not something that they think about, follow, nor is a priority that's high up on their list...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Anyone know where the whole "liberal and new gun owners are panic buying" came from and what's it being based on? How does the OP and others know the people who are lined up are mostly first time gun owners?

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
Anyone know where the whole "liberal and new gun owners are panic buying" came from and what's it being based on? How does the OP and others know the people who are lined up are mostly first time gun owners?
This is purely anecdotal, but I belong to several gun forums and I've been hearing from gun store dealers and employees who are saying this, that it's mostly first-timers. But then again, it may not be that first-time buyers are the majority, but only that they stick out more because they need more assistance.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts