Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon I sent emails to my two Utah federal senators, Mike Lee and Rino Mitt Romney, in a response to an email I received from GOA regarding backroom deals by Senator Cronyn regarding universal background checks. Like most of these types of things, I don't expect to get much response if any, particularly from Romney.

Within the hour of my sending the email, my cell phone rang with a Washington DC number. I don't normally answer calls that do not show a caller ID, but let the calls go directly to voice mail. Most spam calls hang up after three rings if I don't answer, but this number continued to ring and finally went to voice mail. A few minutes later my phone pinged signifying that I had received voice mail.

When I went to check the voice mail, there was a message from one of Mike Lee's congressional aids in regards to my email opposing universal background checks. Here's the message as transcribed by my phone. Like most of these transcriptions, it's not perfect, but you will get the gist of it.

I realize that this was just an aid calling, and this by no means solves all of our problems in regards to gun rights, but I was still impressed. I went to Senator Lee's web site and here's a screen shot of his page regarding gun rights.

Again, he's a politician, but I can't recall another politician who has stated his support for the 2A so bluntly.

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Mike Lee seems to be one of the better ones out there from what I gather when I hear his name come up. The phone call is surprising, in a good way, even if it is just an aid.

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
And this how you will end up if you wait for a call from the RINO....

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And this how you will end up if you wait for a call from the RINO....
Actually, I've received several canned emails from old Mitt. A close friend here just sent him an email asking him if he was a "trans-Republican."

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Actually, I've received several canned emails from old Mitt. A close friend here just sent him an email asking him if he was a "trans-Republican."
Pierre Delecto only responds directly via Twitter. Kinda like safe sex.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
With the way things are today, I'm surprised that you got anything more than a canned email. Glad something good seems to be coming out of it. You must have put something in your email that caught their attention.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
548 Posts
I responded similarly via email to my Senator, John Cornyn of Texas, after reading the GOA's email. I told him I have been a loyal voter of his and implored him to bail out of negotiations with the progressive left who are only steadily chipping away at our foundational rights and only want to restrict the activities of law abiding citizens, since criminals are going to break the law anyway. Sadly, I so far have only gotten an automated response:

"Thank you for contacting Senator John Cornyn's office.

If you need immediate assistance regarding an urgent or time sensitive matter you are personally experiencing with a federal agency, please call my Dallas office at (972) 239-1310.

If you are seeking information or services from my offices that are NOT related to my Legislative duties, please visit the “For Texans" section of my website for more information.

Warmest Regards,

Senator John Cornyn"

I'm not holding my breath for anything like an actual response.

·
Premium Member
9,156 Posts
I responded similarly via email to my Senator, John Cornyn of Texas, after reading the GOA's email. I told him I have been a loyal voter of his and implored him to bail out of negotiations with the progressive left who are only steadily chipping away at our foundational rights and only want to restrict the activities of law abiding citizens, since criminals are going to break the law anyway. Sadly, I so far have only gotten an automated response:

"Thank you for contacting Senator John Cornyn's office.

If you need immediate assistance regarding an urgent or time sensitive matter you are personally experiencing with a federal agency, please call my Dallas office at (972) 239-1310.

If you are seeking information or services from my offices that are NOT related to my Legislative duties, please visit the “For Texans" section of my website for more information.

Warmest Regards,

Senator John Cornyn"

I'm not holding my breath for anything like an actual response.
You will not get a response other than what you already got.
He thinks we Texan's will just vote for him every time because he has an (R) after his name.
He needs to go.

·
Premium Member
5,330 Posts
Both TN senators (Blackburn and Hagerty) are VERY pro-2A, and in the case of Blackburn, she has the voting record to back it up. Both have publicly commented they are opposed to a registry, red flags, banning firearms, and universal background checks, while supporting national reciprocity and loosening restrictions on interstate transfers of gun purchases. I had my doubts about Hagerty, but he seems to be doing what he said he would do when he ran for office.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
548 Posts
He thinks we Texan's will just vote for him every time because he has an (R) after his name.
He needs to go.
You are right, KC. Sadly, he has been the lesser of two (or more) evils on the ballot. We need to get a good conservative to run against him, or he needs to pull the cord on his golden parachute. I will not vote for anyone who has a D after their name for far too many reasons, period. Independent, maybe, but we cannot give them even a toehold more than they have on turning Texas bluer than it is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts