Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a very bad incident with my P2000 in .40 on Monday. A problem reload blew my gun apart. My hand stung for the day and gunpowder was almost tattooed on my hand. Thankfully no serious damage to my hand.

Monday afternoon I mailed my gun back to H&K for repair Fed Ex, next day air. I thank my gun store because I never thought of getting a new frame, probably because I was upset. Today, Wednesday, less than a day in H&K's possession, repairs calls and tells me it is ready. New frame, new extractor, new mag, and close examination all for $183.00.

I am amazed and really thankful.

·
Registered
7,400 Posts
How does HK not hate you? :danceban: Are you of German decent by any chance? :wink:

Glad they got you fixed up and that you didn't lose any digits.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
New frame, new extractor, new mag, and close examination all for $183.00.
You need double that for a new slide assembly complete. Only problem with HK is the original cost! After that you're set for life! My 9mm P2000 SK is going on 10,000 round without a failure. Now if I could only find ammo!

·
Banned
732 Posts
For those gun owners for which price is not a hurdle, there truly is one exceptional production handgun manufacturer left. H&K stands alone these days and it is a reputation they have earned. They are what Sig Sauer was 15 years ago. I'm glad it worked out so well for you.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Heckler & Koch is pretty great. I've had good engagements with their tech/support group as well. They've got a well-earned reputation. Glad to see they're continuing to back their product, even in situations where the ammo almost certainly was the cause of the issue. Can't think of too many other companies that would stand behind the product even in such situations.

Kudos, H&K. :congrats:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
the resident Hk guy at my LGS has an .40 USP with a claimed 250.000 plus rounds. the slide cracked (from rear of ejection port to the left side of the frame) but the gun still worked, point of impact changed. he sent t back to Hk and it was fixed for free.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
Wow, that is incredibly fast service. Now that I think about it I have never heard of an H&K breaking, so their warranty service guys must be like the Maytag Man just waiting for something to do.

Reactions: JD and R040607

·
Super Moderator
18,889 Posts
I've considered a SIG P220 or P225 on occasion as a nod to a worthy current pistol designs but never really considered the H&K.

Maybe I ought to be looking at one of these in .45 ACP.
Heckler & Koch - USA

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually when I originally called repair said 2 - 3 weeks they had a project going. When he called he said since it was a simple repair he jumped it ahead of his project. Can't ask for more than that.

RO40607: I used to carry a Sig 226 and 220 but H&Ks became my EDC. They are as reliable, accurate, and have the same quality feel as Sig. You will not be disappointed. Try the HK45c it is amazing.

And yes my last name is German.

·
Registered
7,400 Posts
And yes my last name is German.
That figures. :rolleyes:
I am having a tough time deciding between a 45c or P30 for my next purchase. I don't currently have a 9mm in my collection and that would be the logical purchase, but that 45c is really calling to me.

·
Super Moderator
18,889 Posts
Well I'm going to start paying more attention to H&K products on the tables at the gun shows.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have several H&K rifles and handguns. They are all accurate and reliable. I have a H&K USPc that I have tried to CC and it is a bit too large. I have a 2000SK LEM V3 in 9mm on order. Am hoping to CC this handgun and am looking forward to evaluating this neat little handgun.

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Why are all the HK cheerleaders out giving a 21 Pom Pom salute to HK for doing what they should do in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
At least this didn't happen!

HK+ATV+accident3.jpg

By the way, for anyone wondering, the story behind this pic is that a USBP agent riding an ATV during a training exercise crashed and smacked into a boulder and his P2000 literally broke in two. Amazingly, he only had minor injuries from the crash.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Maybe I ought to be looking at one of these in .45 ACP.
Heckler & Koch - USA
I have an HK USP45 Tactical and it is awe inspiring! Totally bombproof (can fire .45 SUPER ammo with no mods to the gun). Incredibly accurate. I'll admit that I'm an HK fanboy (three USPs and one P30S in my collection and I'm always looking for the next) but they are amazing guns.

It's rare to have a problem with an HK but when you do the CS is amazing.

I plan to send in one of my USPf9s to them to have the Match/LEM Hybrid trigger installed. Word on the street is that they turn the guns around in a couple days!

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Why are all the HK cheerleaders out giving a 21 Pom Pom salute to HK for doing what they should do in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.
Blow up 10 different guns with bad reloads send 'em back to all their manufacturers. I'll be eager to see how they react.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts