·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got this thread to work now

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
"They ought to look at the list of crimes committed by those permited to carry a concealed weapon. (www. bradycampaign.org.)"

Now isn't THAT an unbiased sourse for 'CCW criminal activity'........i.e., look at my signiture line.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Remember folks DO NOT BELIEVE EVERTHING YOU READ!
All forms of media, print , tv, etc, etc.. is someone's view. These agencies look for a angle, a story , then they go out to fill the dotted line.

·
Registered
989 Posts
It's Philidelphia--the same town that elected Mayor Nutter. No surprises there.

·
Registered
164 Posts
What a load of bull. I think I lost a couple of brain cells just reading that. I hate it when "media sources" get their news from third party news.:rant:

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
"They ought to look at the list of crimes committed by those permited to carry a concealed weapon."

Indeed they ought to--- and Texas does. The Dept. of Public Safety makes the information available. Briefly, there are about 62000 felony convictions per year for the general population-- or roughly 3 per 1000. There were about 150 felony convictions for CHL license holders for an estimated 5 per 10,000
CHL holders--- a full order of magnitude difference.

An examination of the nature of the underlying crimes show that many (about half ) are related to the breaking of one or another gun-law specific laws and are not violent crimes or drug crimes. In other words they aren't things non-CHL holders might be charged with.

The concern by the author of the Philadelphia Daily News is clearly misplaced.

This topic and statistics from other states has been repeatedly published and exhaustively studied here in other threads.

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
They buy ink, errrr, :bs2: by the barrel...:hand1:

·
Registered
133 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts