Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you don't already know, log into your amazon account through the amazonsmile.com link - and a portion of your sale automatically goes to a charity of your choice.

It doesn't cost you anything extra - Amazon makes the donation for you.

One of the organizations you can donate to is the GOA (Gun Owners of America).

Every purchase I make goes thru Amazon Smile - including purchases I make for work.

So far in just over a year I've been able to donate $78.

Every little bit helps - so if you shop on Amazon - start using Amazonsmile.com.

·
Premium Member
8,000 Posts
This subject has been posted before, a few times, but each time it appears, more people read it who were not aware of the Smile program on Amazon. Some things DO bear repeating!

One extra bit: If you change your mind about what charity you wish to support, it is easy to make the change on Amazon. I changed mine from NRA to GOA a few weeks ago.

·
Super Moderator
17,711 Posts
This subject has been posted before, a few times, but each time it appears, more people read it who were not aware of the Smile program on Amazon. Some things DO bear repeating!

One extra bit: If you change your mind about what charity you wish to support, it is easy to make the change on Amazon. I changed mine from NRA to GOA a few weeks ago.
Didn't know that and will be changing mine too.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
Mine goes to a charity that I have personal connections to, but its a great program and anyone that hasn't designated a charity should do so.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Tried to switch from NRA to GOA but every time I search for GOA I get 4 anti American anti gun bunches.
Search for Gun Owners Foundation. Apparently it's associated with GOA.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The Gun Owners Foundation is associated with GOA. The Gun Owners Foundation exists in order to educate the public about the importance of the Second Amendment and to provide legal, expert and support assistance for law-abiding individuals involved in firearms-related cases. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Contributions to Gun Owners Foundation are fully tax-deductible.

A note on the GOA site:
Gun Owners Foundation is a non-profit, tax-deductible education foundation. It is the research arm of GOA. Among the activities sponsored by GOF are seminars which inform the public, the media and government officials about key issues affecting the Second Amendment. GOF also publishes books and articles concerning gun issues as they affect people throughout the world.

Second Amendment Foundation is a "smile" listed charity.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is it coincidence that once I logged into my account through Smile that I immediately started getting email from "Wish"?

·
Premium Member
8,000 Posts
Is it coincidence that once I logged into my account through Smile that I immediately started getting email from "Wish"?
I've used Amazon Smile for several years now and (so far) never gotten any email from "Wish." Did you perhaps choose Wish as your charity? However, even then there should be no connection between your Amazon Smile choice and any charity on their lists.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Indeed!

Calguns gets mine, and I am sure Amazon LOVES sending checks to these gun organizations!

Reactions: NECCdude and OD*

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Mine goes to St. Jude. I live in Memphis and see the "St. Jude kids" around town all the time. I think they do good work and NEVER charge the parents a dime.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I've been donating to the NRA through Smile fof sometime now.
Keep up repeating the posts... this is my first day here since July of 2017. Some of us get busy or distracted.

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts