Defensive Carry banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Anyone know how to get a donation amount list from amazon smile? It isn't obvious to me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've used Amazon Smile for several years now and (so far) never gotten any email from "Wish." Did you perhaps choose Wish as your charity? However, even then there should be no connection between your Amazon Smile choice and any charity on their lists.
No, I chose the Second Amendment Foundation. Must be a coincidence.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Anyone know how to get a donation amount list from amazon smile? It isn't obvious to me.
Are you talking about ALL the donations Amazon makes to each organization through this program or only the ones's YOU make. For the latter, when you launch the amazonsmile site you should see some text below the search bar showing the organization you support. Click it and there is an option to see what you impact has been. Not sure about the former - but the same link will show the total donations to all organizations: $156,109,909.51

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Are you talking about ALL the donations Amazon makes to each organization through this program or only the ones's YOU make. For the latter, when you launch the amazonsmile site you should see some text below the search bar showing the organization you support. Click it and there is an option to see what you impact has been. Not sure about the former - but the same link will show the total donations to all organizations: $156,109,909.51
Just for me for income tax purposes. Anyway, I changed donations this year and I can't find any info for what I donated last year to a different charity. Probably won't make much of a difference on my taxes but inquiring minds want to know.

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
Just for me for income tax purposes. Anyway, I changed donations this year and I can't find any info for what I donated last year to a different charity. Probably won't make much of a difference on my taxes but inquiring minds want to know.
I'm not sure you can declare Amazon smile donations as coming from you since they come from Amazon and you pay the same price for merchandise whether you are a Smile member or not. It is the same as buying a product where the manufacturer advertises that "a portion of the proceeds go to support xxx.... charity."

Reactions: Merovius

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Same here-wanting to show all the Anti Gun associations but I was finally able to find at least the NRA Civil Rights Defense
See post #12 in this thread.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Unfortunately, the only way I see to get that info would be to go through your orders for last year and add up the ones that were amazon smile eligible. Regardless, you can't report it for tax purposes as you did not make the donations - Amazon did.

The Best Amazon Feature That Not Enough Shoppers Know About
The service doesn't cost anything to the charities that sign up or the shopper (for that reason, donations are not tax deductible).

·
Registered
86 Posts
I avoid doing business via Amazon as much as possible. As far as I am concerned, they are part of the problem, not part of the solution.
If Amazon were to ever begin selling firearms and ammunition, they would devastate the remainder of the retailers within a decade. They have done much the same to the other markets into which they have inserted themselves.

"Give me convenience, or give me death"
- Album title from the punk band, The Dead Kennedys

·
Registered
2 Posts
What an amazing idea! I did not know about this possibility. I am sure I will use this link at my every purchase from Amazon from now on... I use to order a lot of things and quite often from Amazon because I find really good deals on it. Even if I do not find some big deals, I use discount coupons and promo codes that help me to save some bucks. Most of all the coupons and promo codes I use, I find on this site Don't Pay Full. So, I hope that the portion from my sale will help all the organizations that receive these donations.

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
If Amazon were to ever begin selling firearms and ammunition, they would devastate the remainder of the retailers within a decade. They have done much the same to the other markets into which they have inserted themselves.
But if they did, the government would not dare restrict online sales and prices would go down. Bezos has more power than Biden, Pelosi and Schumer put together.

And they might devastated retailers, but it has been a boon to manufacturers, paying a fee to cut out the middlemen. The government would not want to mess with those manufacturers either. Follow the money.

·
Premium Member
7,827 Posts
I just changed mine from the NRA to Wounded Warrior.

In a couple of months I may switch to "Tunnel to Towers" and spread the donations around a little.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts