Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after a really tough year, and having sold most of my carry weapons, my wife and family decided I needed a new carry gun, and went together to get me this, an American Classic II entry level priced .45

Prior to this session I have taken it out twice, and just shot very casually between sets with a couple new shooters we took out. I couldn't really concentrate then, so it was more a reliability check than a serious scrutiny. Reliability was 100% x 200 rounds or Speer, Fiocchi and Blazer. It SEEMED to be shooting low and left, but keeping an adequate group, but I figured that was due to me not being used to the SA 1911 trigger. (this is my first 1911)

Monday I went to the range alone to work on trigger control with the new gun, and to see what accuracy I can achieve. I'm WAY impressed. I'm still a bit left, but I still think that's me, not the gun. I also still have had no failures in about 400 rounds now.

Here's the performance at 15 yards, freehand, one magazine head, one mag center mass:

And 25 yards, two mags each area, slow aimed fire.

And the gun:

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Sweet! I'm also on the hunt for a traditional 1911 this year. How did you come to choose the 'American Classic II' over Rock Island or SA-GI?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I looked at most of the entry level guns, and was initially intending to get either the Para GI, or the Springfield, but the price of the AC, and the RI were a big factor. They were also out of stock in the Para and I wanted a gun STAT before I changed my mind about spending the money! :rolleyes:

Comparing the RI to the AC, I just found the finish of the RI a bit rougher, and the fit just a bit looser in the slide. The shop said they have seen the price of the RI's rising a bit with increased demand too, putting the price just a bit higher than the AC, which is still a relative unknown, making it a real bargain for now.

FWIW, here's a short review on Gunblast.com:

Firestorm and American Classic II Government Deluxe Model 1911 .45 ACP Auto Pistol

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks RoadRunner!
I think I'm becoming one of "those" 1911 guys!
Still can't afford another one for quite a LONG while...but I'm already looking!

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new 1911. That is a really sweet looking .45... It has some nice upgrades for an entry level gun...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks TX.
I'm really quite pleased with it. I might be new to 1911's, but I know a quality firearm, and for the price, I'm tickled.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
There is just something about a 1911.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts