Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else encountered problems with American eagle .40 cal ae40r1.

Recently i have had 2 failures to feed out of my brand new glock 27. I bought 4 boxes shot 3 of them. On Friday/payday I intend on buying another brand and heading to the range. The failures happened during the first 2 boxes.

I didn't have a problem with the 3rd box but it seems like 1 out of every 100 so I'm holding my breath for this last box, however I did change my grip and I have heard limp wristing can't cause a failure to feed only ftejec.

I did another thread on it possibly being the recoil spring.
http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/general-firearm-discussion/164884-recoil-spring-glock.html

Any response to either thread would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
19,908 Posts
Never, ever a problem with Federal AE. Centerfire or rimfire, it always feeds, always goes bang. Unlike the stuff in the yellow and green boxes.

Make sure the feed problem isn't related to one specific magazine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have shot about 400 rounds of AE through my G27 gen 4. 300 was 180
grain and 100 was 165. Never had any issues with the 180. I did however have one of the 165's not feed and leave the slide open about midway through a box of 50. I pulled the mag out, reinstalled the mag and racked the slide and the same round fired and then they kept feeding.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have some of this ammo and my SD40VE eats it up. Never had a failure......

·
Registered
407 Posts
mark what mag was in ur glock at the time it jammed. when i bought my brand new G23 gen3 is december it jammed up like 4 or 5 different times all at like 3 different range trips after cleaning and everthing. so i figured out that it was jamming when their was a certain mag in it and i took the mag apart sprayed some rem oil on it and have never had another jam or problem with that mag or any other mags or with the gun again

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
400rd of 180 grain .40 AE FMJ through a Hk p2000. no problems.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pretty sure it wasn't the ammo it was the gun. Shot the rest of that ammo today in a different gun no problems.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I haven't any problems with American Eagle, although lately I've only used it in my HK USPs. Not a good test since they're run anything.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Love american eagle ammo

I LOVE American Eagle ammo. It's my fave ammo. Nope...no probs here.:blink:

Only prob I've had was can't find it. .....Kinks Lola:22a::spankme:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have literally shot THOUSANDS of these out of my M9 during training. The only FTF's I have were because I didn't clean the gun the night before or something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts