1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
It's an amazingly simple concept, almost common sense: if a person that has proven themselves to be a killer, including a cop killer, is roaming your neighborhood with a gun, any reasonable person wants some means available to defend yourself.

So simple a cave man could do it.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
The problem with these polls is the same as with polls taken right after Sandy Hook and Aurora. Emotions run high in one direction or the other. The anti's had their run after those shootings, now we get the flip side. I would be willing to bet that in six months, barring any other influencing incident, those numbers will drop.

I am not saying this poll is a "bad" thing. Good press is always welcome. We just need to be realistic and understand that knee-jerk poll data is not very reliable.

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
The efforts of the gun control lobby have backfired big time. From the record sales figures, more Americans have more guns and larger supplies of ammunition than ever before.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Sunshine, cloudy, rain, snow, breezy, children playing in the street, community pic-nic, yard sale, it don't matter the climate, I want a gun with me for protection.

·
Registered
588 Posts
It's an amazingly simple concept, almost common sense: if a person that has proven themselves to be a killer, including a cop killer, is roaming your neighborhood with a gun, any reasonable person wants some means available to defend yourself.

Maybe we should press our legislators right now to allow National Reciprocity in light of the terrorist actions in Boston.
Why not use a page from their playbook?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts

The problem with that is that it actually is common sense, not a knee-jerk emotional reaction. Some people's complete emotional fear of guns simply cannot be overcome, even in the face of a dangerous situation where the use of a firearm could save their lives.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts