Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
I'm DVRing as well, I'll take a look when there is NOTHING else to watch, I don't expect to spend more than 10 minutes before my BS limit is reached.

By the way, nice of them to rip off the name of the book about Glock. I'm willing to bet that the writer of that piece of "non-fiction" was involved with this, he's a major anti. The book was interesting to read purely for the entertainment value of how screwed up the Glock family is though.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I'll take a look when there is NOTHING else to watch, I don't expect to spend more than 10 minutes before my BS limit is reached.
Though, the other articles/videos noted on that web page seem to cover a spread of related areas:

• AR-15s Flying Off Shelves Amid Gun Control Fears
  • Law Student Gets Around Gun Control With 3-D Printing
  • Aurora Shooting Victim Reunites with ER Team
  • The Rise in Popularity of the AR-15 Among Women
  • Hog Hunting With the AR-15
  • I Am a Typical AR-15 Owner
  • How the AR-15 Works (by Brian Schuetz, president of Olympic Arms)
Who knows? Perhaps it'll be more balanced than we're assuming it'll be.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I watched it. It wasn't as bad as I expected but just listening to how things were positioned and narrated at the beginning you could tell that it wasn't going to be flattering. Could have been worse and good for the uneducated public, but people here wont likely get much out of it.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I watched it. It wasn't as much of a hatchet job as I thought it would be.

·
Premium Member
6,200 Posts
Did they use the model that has disposable mags that cant be reloaded????
I dunno - but they used the one that has the semi-fully automatic burst mode. :blink:

Reactions: bigmacque

·
Registered
205 Posts
I watched it. It was kind of goofy, but I do think they really tried to present political viewpoints points from both sides. They couldn't help but try to make us gun guys look like crazy people, and they kept going back to the mass shootings. They spent too much time with living survivors of mass shootings. The show gave some history of the original Armalite rifles which was OK. They did spend some time explaining the difference between semi-auto and full-auto, which is something a lot of non-gun people seem to be having some trouble grasping. The show did honestly present one fact: It made plain that rifles (of all kinds) are present in only about 4% of all gun related homicides. I was a bit surprised that the show producers were willing to present that fact. The show ended up being just about what I expected it would be. It won't change any minds.

·
Registered
436 Posts
But they didn't go on to clarify that AR-15's are only responsible for about 1% of all gun crimes- slightly under 1% actually. It would have been nice to have seen them mention that. That and the fact that mass shootings of all kinds have remained at a steady rate of occurance the last 30 years and are by no means trending up.

These inconvenient facts always seem to escape being mentioned by the media.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
They couldn't help but try to make us gun guys look like crazy people, and they kept going back to the mass shootings. They spent too much time with living survivors of mass shootings.
Silly. It's as though poisonings by household chemicals are somehow fomented by folks who purchase Ajax cleanser, or murders by tire irons are caused because people have automobiles. Yes, firearm bullets are designed to poke holes at a distance, but only murderers misuse them to deliberately erase the lives of other people.

If they were nice enough to present the ~1% figures related to AR rifle involvement in murders, it would have nice had they stated the miniscule percentage that "mass" murders represented in terms of the likelihood anyone would ever experience a thing, or even as a percentage of the violent crimes that criminals engage in.

Sounds like a fairly well-done, typical job, with some "smear" aspects and some failings. Didn't see it, myself, yet.

·
Premium Member
6,200 Posts
It was actually a lot LESS slanted than I expected. Still definitely leaning anti-2A, but not an all-out hatchet job. To my surprise, they DID mention how rifles are used in very few crimes, and their coverage of the ladies' shooting group was surprisingly positive.

My biggest gripe was that they gave Yeager a lot of facetime as though he was 'representative' of AR owners. That whackjob cretin has done more to harm the 2A cause than most antigun 'activists' ever could.

Wonder how the anti's would like it if we constantly portrayed some moron like, say, Joe Biden or Dianne Feinstein as the 'face' of the gun control movement?

Oh, wait - Never mind... :hand5:

·
Registered
467 Posts
I youtube'd james yeager, after the show. Found some ineresting vid's from it.
I thought it was a good news magazine show.
They could have had Diane Finstien as the host. (NOT)

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
James Yeager is a clown. He made a fool of himself (again and again) when he started talking about shooting people on his YouTube channel if his rights were taken, then TN state police yanked his CCW.

He left his friends and hid in a ditch (on video) as they died in an ambush in Iraq years ago, was a cop for a short time, and has some not-so-good training classes. He's not what anyone in their right mind would want as a representative.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts