Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several of the local Walmarts received some good amounts of ammo at pre-obama prices. I was able to purchase .223, 5.56, and 9mm range ammo at "normal" prices. I even found some 9mm SD ammo at pre-panic prices at a local gun shop.

Wife and I each got our max 3 boxes of 223 and 5.56 and 9mm ammo at several local walmarts. And they were 100 round boxes. I feel better now. Central east coast of Florida.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Hope it settles down . It may not stay that way if it does.
Seeing low end Bushmaster AR's back in the rack at local store prices are up about 100-200 from last year.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Send some ammo over to your Gulf Cost brethren!!! Not seeing much here, and when you do it's gone quick.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Send some ammo over to your Gulf Cost brethren!!! Not seeing much here, and when you do it's gone quick.
I was quite surprised when we went in to Walmart for something and (as usual) just passed by the ammo case and saw over a dozen 100-round boxes of .223 still on the shelf. Wife and I both bought our limit, bringing me just over my minimum requirement at home. It has been very scarce here and I hadn't been able to approach my minimum stash for that caliber.

This occurred late in the afternoon.

My daughter is visiting next week and we will be going to the range a couple of times while she is here.

·
Premium Member
36,961 Posts
As a guy who until recently bought and shot his ammo in multi-case lots, I'm not going to do any backflips over slightly-less-than-bare ammo shelves.

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
As a guy who until recently bought and shot his ammo in multi-case lots, I'm not going to do any backflips over slightly-less-than-bare ammo shelves.

^^^^^^^YEP^^^^

I'm in this camp, although I shot a bit less, I'm not getting out of the recliner just yet.
Nobody has a damn thing around here unless you have nothing better to do but sleep on the WM counter overnight awaiting the truck shipment while a couple buddies do the same at another store.

Still isn't worth the driving around guessing game of who has what.

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
We went yesterday and shelves were still bare. Central Virginia.

We go to the outdoor range and shoot about 3x/month but now we're limiting it to about 50 rounds each.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Shelves bare in my local WM, have been that way 3 mo. now. Texas panhandle. Local gun dealer also shelves bare on ammo. Wonder why WM allocates ammo to some stores and none to others? I hate WM. Wish there was another place to buy ammo.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The rack are bare at Wallmart here in MI. Gander gets some here and there. It is a crap shoot for ammo. I would like to start shooting more as the weather gets warmer. However, still do not want to shoot what I can not replace!

·
Administrator
144,206 Posts
I just went shopping at this new LGS that just opened a while back. No .223 or 5.56 - Doggoneit.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shelves bare in my local WM, have been that way 3 mo. now. Texas panhandle. Local gun dealer also shelves bare on ammo. Wonder why WM allocates ammo to some stores and none to others? I hate WM. Wish there was another place to buy ammo.
I hate WM, too, but the price is right for ammo...when they have it.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
In Walmart this morning and all they had was some .270, 7mm and 30.06. Clerk said there was no ammo on the truck today.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yeah walmart has been coming through for me in NY, as much as I hate them...

Was able to pickup almost 500 rounds... 100 round value boxes. for $21 a box

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
In Walmart this morning and all they had was some .270, 7mm and 30.06. Clerk said there was no ammo on the truck today.
Same here, went again today, hopeful, to WM store #2 here (Va) and it had the same odd calibers and a couple boxes of shotgun shells.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm going to try again early tomorrow. I am getting low on .22lr right how. If they have any more cheap range ammo for my other guns, I'll probably buy some.

I'm going to be using up a lot of ammo when my daughter visits next week..mostly 9mm and .22lr, probably.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I was in Wal-Mart today, no ammo as usual, but there was a guy working back in sporting goods (usually have to go find someone), so I asked him if they ever get ammo. He told me" the trucks unload about 10pm, and the ammo gets put out by midnight." I asked if guys are always waiting, he said that "yes, there is a regular crowd hanging around that buys most of it" (there is a 3 box per customer limit). So I think I may try someday soon, just to see how much ammo really shows up, and what the competition is like (hoping its not familiar faces from the local gun stores).

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
WM's around here are bleak. Just went to an out of the way one in a bigger town because my local ones have been really dry for months... They had 2 boxes of .45 and that was absolutely it. No .40 no anything else. So still no ammo to practice with... I don't mind buying my carry ammo online but having to buy FMJ there is just annoying.

·
Registered
647 Posts
It seems that ammo availability is picking up just a little bit. Certainly not the way it was pre-Obama but it's gone from no 9mm, no 5.56, no .45, no .22lr to some here some there. Luckily most of my local gun dealers have kept the prices reasonable.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts