Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please fill me in on the backwards ammo in HK magazines?

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
And this is from IIRC ten years ago at that.
Ancient old and dusty news.

Companys normally use third-party advertisement & marketing firms to produce marketing media such as this.
Those companys hire employees and consultants as designers who handle product layout and overall design. Not design of the product itself but design how the product will be featured in the layout as to be depicted.
Every industry has and does this as from food to clothing to you name it including firearms too.
There in junior persons and interns are often assigned the actual dirty work of manipulating product as prior to placement as per design within a given shoot.

This magazine being loaded wrongly item likely was result of the hands of an intern who quite simply didn't know any better and had no direct experience with the product as is being depicted.

That the image though made it past screening by the client, HK, marketing staff is though notably funny...But in industry this kind of thing happens _ALOT_ and almost always is subtle in fashion.

- Janq works in marketing

·
Registered
236 Posts
Love it. Reminds me of the Beechcraft AeroClub that ran a full page ad in Western Flyer with a nice picture of a Piper Tomahawk instead of teh Beech Skipper.:image035:

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
"Accuracy, reliability - no compromise"
Sigh, it would be funny if my employer didn't put out publicity materials with typos and 2nd grade grammar.

Good employees are hard to find. Sometimes acceptable ones are in short supply too.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
It's a HK USP... It would probably feed and fire anyway... they are remarkably reliable.:hand10:

Pass me some koolade. :bier:

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
OK-- true confession time. Once upon a time, don't know how it happened and couldn't do it or cause it to happen again if I wanted to, I had a round feed backward into the receiver.

I assume somehow I got it into the mag backwards, and I further assume that somehow that dang thing still fed exactly as it should have, but backward. All other rounds in the mag were in the mag correctly, and the one sent into the receiver backwards was not the first round in the mag.

I didn't realize what had happened until the round failed to fire and I tried to clear it. Then, 'holy' whatever. What in the world; how in the world.

For the life of me I can't see how anything but random luck would allow the case to precisely align with the receiver and not jam everything up instead.

FWIW, this happened on a S&W 99c .40.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Obviously, ad agencies may know something about photos and catalogs, but they don't know anything about guns. I wonder how many libs stood around going, "I don't know, it looks right this way. What do you think?"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts