Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a surprise.
Went to Wally World on Sunday and saw the ammo case fairly well stocked.
I didn't notice any 9mm since I shoot .40, but still; Sunday at 3pm? Wow!
Saw several boxes on 40 cal white box and Remington .270 130gr which I also shoot.

This makes me wonder:

Is the buying frenzy slowing down?
Is the anti gun agenda on back burner because of the other scandals in in gov?
Are the ammo makers finally catching up?
All of the above?

Regardless; I was thrilled to buy 100 rnds of .40 for $36 bucks. Wally may not be everyone's fav store, but I gotta' hand it to them, they never raised their prices like so many other gun shops who tried to sell me 50 rnds of 40 cal at double the price!

Reactions: NONAME762

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's winding down but I can bet those anti gun activists aren't done. I was just able to buy 300 rds of .38 for only $110.00 and 250 rds of.40 for $80.00

·
Registered
37,115 Posts
My LGS has ample ammo but little in the reloading department, which is what I'm looking for. .22 supply is still only the cheap, foreign stuff with a notice that it may not cycle semi-auto firearms.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I have been able to buy pretty much whatever factory rounds I want, except for .22LR. While 22.LR is available, my LGS has a cap on .22LR, but other calibers are pretty much open stock. The prices are pretty close to where they were a year ago, maybe a tad higher. Center fire case pricing is available for all but 9mm which is still priced at the box rate.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
OlDVet: Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone - 1978. Oh, to be young again...
Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield
Not to get off point but just again read your signature. I first read it as that you retired in 78, and would have put you in my age group. Not so, I retired in 77, you are one of those young "whipper snappers", compared to me. :smile:

Thank you for your service and those sacrifices made by your family while you served.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The TOTAL buying obsession isn't over .... yet ..... as there are still those that have become so preoccupied with having to be at WW @ 6am they can not brake their habit, and then there are those too that buy there low to resell elsewhere high.

But US belonging too the majority of average masses, knowing we have plenty. Yes, production and supply is starting to catchup with demand. Also, prices are starting to return to somewhat of ah norm.

You can/will start finding 22lr for 3.8-cents a-round and 223/556 for 34-cents too 45-cents a-round, again; more so then not. Even at places like Bass, Cabela's, Gander, and some LGStores & LGShows prices are returning to the norm too.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Not everywhere. The Bass Pro 5 minutes from me is still sporting empty shelves unless you shoot the oddball stuff.

I'm still buyin' online.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes, my LGS has far more ammo than 60 days ago...for 9mm PMC bronze 124 grain was $17.95 box, and 115 grain is $23.95/box. Their EBR display is full, they have one M-P Shield, extra mags + a boatload of Magpul Gen 2 for AR and a variety of other AR/AK 20-30 rd mags. The gen 2 magpul are $23.95...still high but plentiful.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My favorite LGS is steadily becoming more well stocked in ammo. .22s are still pretty scarce. Reloading supplies are a bit hit or miss. Local WallyWorld is another story. Still empty shelves. I'm personally in good shape, but I still keep a check more out of curiosity to see if supply is catching up

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I still can't find .45 at the Wally World here so I being going to a local gun saleman I know, I will never let my guard down on this one.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I have been seeing everything coming back slowly also... BUT. I went to a shooting range Sunday and they had 500 round packs of .22lr and they wanted $100.00 bucks for it. I said...'seriously"? Then just walked out. I can understand raising the price a little, but not gouging that bad.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I'm still having a hard time finding carry ammo though.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I've been seeing it slowly creep in but I don't think its coming in at the rate you guys are reporting - at least in my neck of the woods.

I picked up some 00 Buck last week @ Wally World and prior to that, I haven't seen it there for some time. I bought it on Sunday and was surprised when the cashier told me that they have had it since Thursday. I'm also happy to report that I got it at normal price. ;-)

I have a friend that has been picking up some 9mm @ Wally World in the next town over from me. By the time I hear about it, its sold out again. ;-(

I was hoping to get some range time in the summer but it looks like I might have to hold out for fall and shoot some zombies. ;-)

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
My LGS has ample ammo but little in the reloading department, which is what I'm looking for. .22 supply is still only the cheap, foreign stuff with a notice that it may not cycle semi-auto firearms.
Say OV can ya give us the Brands of the El Cheapo 22 that may not cycle thru semi auto's properly? It should work fine in BA's and wheelguns doncha know:blink:
Gracia Amigo:blink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been watching the 10 WW stores around here and none have anything for handguns. Cabinets are empty all the time. So not sure if it's a state by state thing or WW is only shipping to certain markets. I haven't been able to buy any range 9mm for over a year at a reasonable price, the ammo scalpers are always in stock but I'll leave my guns in the safe until the prices return to normal. I think a lot of this is artificial by the manufacturers to drive up prices using supply and demand a lesson learned from the masterful Oil Companies.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Went to an Academy and they had all the calibers for plinking and defensive carry. Not must of a selection, but al callibers were represented. This is the first ime I found 9mm past 10 am. Usually by that time, it is all gone. We were there on Saturday evening about 7:30. Still have a 1 box limit though. I bouth 1 box blazer 115 g aluminum case (so did my wife) and 1 box of Hornandy critical duty 135g. So, I think things are looking up, but the variety is still lacking a little.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Still having some difficulties out here. I attribute that to being on the tail end of the supply chain and being near California where people come fro to score or go to to flip ammo.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
I was reading Wall Street Journal On line back in Late December early January 2013. The article was about the ammo shortage. The article bi passed the theories behind it, but estimated that it would level off in 6-9 months. Well, chalk one up for WSJ.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
My favorite LGS seems to get ammo shipments twice a week now. While supplies are somewhat limited, they seem to be able to get what people want.
The 9mm and 22LR is generally gone within a few hours of hitting the shelves, but the pricing is right. Federal 230gr 45ACP was $22/box last week and the Federal 525 bulk packs of 22LR were $19.00.
These guys are top shelf though.. no price gouging even at the peak of insanity.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts