Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can find ammo cans online, and at local surplus stores. However they are always used.

How come you can't buy them newly manufactured? There has to be someone who makes them right? Maybe I'm wrong and the government has special facilities that manufacture the actual cans, but I wonder.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
No idea, but if they are worn, you can pretty easily sand and refinish them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Barrett Rifles lol you can buy an ammo can there with their name on it. Keep in mind though it's for 50bmg ammo so it's pretty large!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I know you can find ammo cans online, and at local surplus stores. However they are always used.

How come you can't buy them newly manufactured? There has to be someone who makes them right? Maybe I'm wrong and the government has special facilities that manufacture the actual cans, but I wonder.

Anyone know?
The military has someone make them under contract. You can probably find them new, but you wouldn't want to pay the price. :image035:

If you just want a water-tight ammo container, Cabelas has them for sale. Just do a search on their site for dry boxes. They have several sizes.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I bought a couple of ammo cans (at like $5 a piece) at a gun show a few years ago.

·
Super Moderator
18,108 Posts
Gun shows are a good place. A guy had a whole pallet of them and they didnt seem to be selling so well, so I offered him 10 bucks for 3 .50 cans and he took it.

Of course that was in the Pre-Obama period. They may be at a premium now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts