Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ammo gods must have been on my side today (maybe not price wise though). Had to go to WW today and walked by the fishing gear (looking for no rolls) and decided to look on the ammo shelf........there it was 40 cal ammo, just one box, but it was still a box. Picked it up (no sinkers) and was on my way. Now it's time to check store #2 for sinkers and of course I have to check the ammo shelf as well and HOLY.........COW, 4 250rnd UMC value packs of 40 ammo for $89.00 a box, somehow all 4 boxes fell in my cart and away I went. Who needs silly sinkers anyway.

·
Registered
155 Posts
vary cool! lol a couple of weeks ago I was at a local cabelas and there was so much handgun ammo they could finish stocking what they had out to stock! I was able to get about 300 rounds of 9mm , some 40, 45, and .223. that was a fine day! ive never seen it like that since though.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
50rd box, 4x 250rd boxes ... Let's see, that's about ~5 trips to the range.

Hopefully you can find another few boxes in the near future, as well. :eek:k:

And, hopefully this is another sign that things are looking up, a bit. (Four boxes ain't much, but it's better than many have seen for months now.)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Just think about if/when ammo gets back to fully stocked, (I think it's already on its way) we are not going to know how to act. Probably a whole lot of us will buy ammo every time we see it, for several months - I'm pretty sure I will.

·
Registered
155 Posts
god I hope your right miller man. I have enough for range trips I just dont have enough to be "comfortable" but ive often thought about this even if the stores al get big shipments in, I thimk there will be a lot of hording buying going on for awhile after. the only differance will be be that we wont need to buy it from the jackasses selling for profit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'd just like to find some. I'm pretty set on .40 but need some .22 and 9mm. I got a new .22 I want to try out at the range but not willing to burn the last of my ammo to do it and refuse to pay 80 -100 for a brick (i'm not that desperate)
I did luck into some .40 at WW not to long ago so I am more comfortable with that

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
I must have made the "ammo Gods " mad at me. Found and was ordering only 2 boxes, and went to do checkout, and while filling in credit card info... it erased them.... they were "NOW OUT" . Someone out there was 2 steps ahead of me. Ah well, tomorrows another day. I just want two boxes of that particular ammo.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yep, the "ammo Gods" must think I'm an infidel. No ammo for you!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am starting to see a little more ammo around here, prices are not what it was, it is a little higher but I will continue to buy it until I hit my needs of it. I am not hoarding it but what I feel I need to last for a few months of shooting. I still have not seen much in the .223 but I saw a ton of 7.62x39 ammo yesterday as well. I can find almost all rifle calibers at one store here but I don't need any. I'm still hurting on the .22 ammo though, only about 1500 rounds and that's it. My son and I shoot about a box (value box) in one range session. I hope to start seeing more of it and soon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts