Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my favorite retailer, Wamart this morning. Asked them if they carried any 9mm ammo. The gentleman said '"Yes!" Drove one hour to purchase the remaining 4 boxes. It really amazes me how much of an ammo shortage there is. Also, here in New York State, Walmart will ask for your Handgun Permit before selling product.

On another note, I was in Florence KY on business. Since my meetings were in the late afternoon, I decided to visit 4 local neighborhood gun stores in the late morning. These guys were great. Very polite and friendly. One of the stores actually carried used S&W 9mm clips for $14 each. It amazed me how the prices of firearms are far better out West and South. On the ammo front, I was surprised at the inventory of various ammo unlike NYS.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
S&W 9mm clips?

Do you mean magazines?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Speaking of ammo hunts, anyone in the lower NY State area (mid-Hudson Valley) come across Either Blue or Gray Glazers in .45 cal (anyweight including +P).

I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks

Bruce

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Speaking of ammo hunts, anyone in the lower NY State area (mid-Hudson Valley) come across Either Blue or Gray Glazers in .45 cal (anyweight including +P).

I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks

Bruce
Blue Glazers are sold north of the Mason Dixon line. Grey Glazers are only sold south of it. :aargh4: :spankme: :danceban: :buttkick:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yo Beans.

Thanks,

I needed that!!!:tongue::tongue::wink:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
My local Wally World had Winchester .40 100 packs this weekend. I was nice and didnt hoard. I only bought 2 boxes outta the 10 they had.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank God for Walmart. This week, I picked up 3 boxes of 9mm ammo (box of 100 FMJ) for $20.97 each. Where else can you pick up affordable and quality ammo?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with a company called Alabama Ammo? I just moved up here in north Alabama and notice the company about 15 miles from my house. Looks like they are a reloader company and their shelves were still kind bare. I went in today looking for some 230gr JHP's and was told they couldnt get any forthe past 6 months. I did however grap 50rds of 230gr FMJ's for twenty bucks and some change. Anyways just wondering if anybody has any feedback about this company.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I can find ammo in central AR anytime I want, I go in at night, late or certain nights of the week and I find it. Ive stopped buying

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also was on an ammo hunt today. One wal mart had no 9mm or 40 cal. Another wal mart had a great inventory, however it was limited. I was only allowed to buy two boxes of 9mm for $11 each and 4 boxes of .40 cal at $14. Not to mention the two stores I visited in between the two wal marts which stated that they no longer carry pistol ammo. What is the world coming to?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts