Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Salute all
Any of my fellow NC shooters found a steady flow on practice ammo ?
Seems we are still short here in Johnston county. Havent been out at the range much seems I can never find a deal on ammo.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Come on over to Wayne County. WM seems to get some in each week and the local gun stores, if you don't mind the price, have just about everything. Everything that is but .380.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
What are you looking for.

The Wal-Mart on Skibo in Fayetteville, has had a steady flow on 9MM, and .40 S&W.

The 9MM is only in WWB, but the .40 has been both WWB and Federal.

They are both only in the 50 count boxes, but they have had alot of them.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Perry's gunshop in Wendell has in the past had a decent supply of range ammo, prices a little higher than wally, but when you need it......

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm in Johnston County. Checked the New Wally World on 42 that just opened today and all they had was .40, no 9mm :( . Same story at the one on 70 in Clayton. I refuse to pay outrageous prices for plinkin' rounds. We were seeing a lot of 9mm available but no 40, seems now the roles have reversed.

·
Super Moderator
16,806 Posts
Here in Goldsboro we have two Wally Worlds and one in Mt Olive, have had pretty good luck in getting .38, .357, 9MM 45ACP and 44MAG, but no .32ACP or .380.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm in Johnston County. Checked the New Wally World on 42 that just opened today and all they had was .40, no 9mm :( . Same story at the one on 70 in Clayton. I refuse to pay outrageous prices for plinkin' rounds. We were seeing a lot of 9mm available but no 40, seems now the roles have reversed.
Yeah - Fuquay gun has a 1-box limit on 9 right now.

Did WW have .22lr? The Clayton one has been out for awhile.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think all factory ammunition is overpriced, plinking rounds or otherwise (.22LR generally being the exception). Handloading is the only way to go if one wants to shoot a significant amount and one is not rich. Its hard to be $3-$4/100 for centerfire handgun ammunition anywhere.

·
Registered
459 Posts
HI, one thing that you might want to check. Walmart receives their ammo at night and it is usually on Thursday nights in Tarboro. Not sure about what day in your area but you could ask them. I have been able to get 9mm and 22lr on Friday mornings in the early am. I even got lucky the other night and got some about 10 on thursday.

I have pretty much stopped shooting unless I am shooting with 22s as I want to keep what other ammo I have for my stash :). At least i'm staying in practice that way.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
HI, one thing that you might want to check. Walmart receives their ammo at night and it is usually on Thursday nights in Tarboro. Not sure about what day in your area but you could ask them. I have been able to get 9mm and 22lr on Friday mornings in the early am. I even got lucky the other night and got some about 10 on thursday.

I have pretty much stopped shooting unless I am shooting with 22s as I want to keep what other ammo I have for my stash :). At least i'm staying in practice that way.
The Wal-Mart's in Fayetteville get ammo nightly and they usually try to stock the shelves around 10:00pm.

But like I've said previously stated the WW on Skibo has had ammo 9MM, .40 and .45 during the day at least 10-12 boxes of 50 count. Federal and Winchester. According to the sporting goods person they're recieving daily shipments now.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi all
Sorry it took so long to get back ive been working, I picked up last box of 44mag at smithfield Walmart about a day ago . I live in Clayton and Walmart here has nothing but birdshot. I will be in Fayetteville tomorrow visiting in-LAws will look around at the local stores bought my first Smith at Jim's there back in 80's .
I shoot a little of everything 9mm,45,.357,44,45LC and alot of various rifle rounds fromm 22lr 17hmr to 30-06.
Ive really been sitting on my ammo and not shooting much which sucks!!
But i was thinking we should band together local and keep our eyes peeled and informed 20 sets of eyes better than 1.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts